• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rotherham United vs Exeter City Official matchday thread

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
But we all know that and it isn't a point I would argue with you over. The point is the sheer inconsistency of the team. Look at the home/ away form as a starter. This is a team who are capable of winning and winning well when they are set up right. We know this for a FACT because weve all watched it happen even when Gow and Oakley have been absent. If we were consistent and down around halfway or just below we would at least know where we were going. As it is we are a team who have been in and around the play offs, but with a recent form that puts us closer to the other end so NONE of us know where the **** we are going. I am NOT going to start believing that Gow is missed THAT much. I watched him at Northampton and he made NO difference there.
Good post.We can't afford a massive clear out.These players can do the business,but the management team has lost its direction.They have forgotten where the productive mini partnerships are throughout the team/squad & how they can mould them into a team of 11 players.

Last edited:

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nothing 2 do with being positive or sticking up for anyone , more about not being stupid and making kneejerk and wrong decisions
It is not knee jerk. We have been in a downward spiral for the past two years. Some of us were questioning Tisdale's position in October/November 2011 and I have seen nothing since to convince me he is still the right person for the job.

LL

londonboy80

Making the top 7 would simply paper over the cracks, hence it would be better if we miss out and the club takes a good look at itself. The wave it rode during those two promotion seasons has well and truly come crashing in to shore with the ****e that has been on display all of last season and all this season at home. Anyone remember us getting over 8 thousand at home to Wycombe at Easter? Barely 4k v Dagenham on Saturday when we're in a play off position... People have had enough, the gates are dwindling and the club needs to do something to get these people back. The fact is if we continue to plod along like this we'll be lucky to get 3k through the gate.

The_Governor

The tactics in the derby and the last 2 home games have horrible , long ball to a single striker , it's no wonder Curo didn't want to play against Daggers .

Paul is stale

The tides are changing :) :) :)

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nothing 2 do with being positive or sticking up for anyone , more about not being stupid and making kneejerk and wrong decisions
How many seasons before it can be said that Tisdale is living on past glories? Because we've had almost two seasons of dire home form, n ot surge I can handle a third...

Paul is stale

oh look the secret weapon bauza is coming on!!! lets see an instant change in the game

Just got in and switched on Grecian Player.
Wish I hadn't bothered.

Board to to be bold in a certain degree,Tis is a well thought of manager,City are not going to get any more experienced manager just another learning his trade....home support has been poor in numbers considering where the team is..........look at Bradford,Argyle,Southend.... the list goes on....
We need the consistent home form that brings higher attendances if we are to improve his budget - it didn't happen this year and we are broke.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Making the top 7 would simply paper over the cracks, hence it would be better if we miss out and the club takes a good look at itself. The wave it rode during those two promotion seasons has well and truly come crashing in to shore with the ****e that has been on display all of last season and all this season at home. Anyone remember us getting over 8 thousand at home to Wycombe at Easter? Barely 4k v Dagenham on Saturday when we're in a play off position... People have had enough, the gates are dwindling and the club needs to do something to get these people back. The fact is if we continue to plod along like this we'll be lucky to get 3k through the gate.
Agree 100%, well said.