• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rory McArdle joins. Now signs for Harrogate

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
The club has been fair to the player, got a replacement in George Ray
Have they? Can Ray be seen to be enough to replace McArdle, Sweeney and Parkes?

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have they? Can Ray be seen to be enough to replace McArdle, Sweeney and Parkes?
Are we not allowed to sign another centre back?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are we not allowed to sign another centre back?
We need at least one more CB as well as Ray
that was my point

Rosencrantz

We need at least one more CB as well as Ray
that was my point
I agree but I was only really talking about McArdle's situation and the clubs reaction to it. As George Ray had come in we were no worse off with McArdle leaving which the club would have known about for a while.

ExmouthMart

I might have missed it but has Taylor spoken about this?! Watching his welcome to Harrogate introduction, he says the move came out of the blue when his agent phoned him and said they were interested in him. As he was under contract did they pay a fee or was it a free transfer?! His partnership with Hartridge according to reports was okay and he was brought in for his physicality (last season’s buzzword!). Taylor didn’t give any clue he might be moving on and he seemed to be one of the few who was in his plans for this season.

grecIAN Harris

I might have missed it but has Taylor spoken about this?! Watching his welcome to Harrogate introduction, he says the move came out of the blue when his agent phoned him and said they were interested in him. As he was under contract did they pay a fee or was it a free transfer?! His partnership with Hartridge according to reports was okay and he was brought in for his physicality (last season’s buzzword!). Taylor didn’t give any clue he might be moving on and he seemed to be one of the few who was in his plans for this season.
A 34 year old journeyman centre half and you think there was a fee involved??????

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
His partnership with Hartridge according to reports was okay and
So you have never seen him play? Serious question but why are you commentating on an Exeter forum if you dont watch the team play?

Rosencrantz

His family didn't settle down here and he asked for a move. It's quite possible that Harrogate's interest was out of the blue as they probably wouldn't have thought he would have been available.

ExmouthMart

A 34 year old journeyman centre half and you think there was a fee involved??????
……. or free transfer. Why is that unreasonable to ask?!

ExmouthMart

So you have never seen him play? Serious question but why are you commentating on an Exeter forum if you dont watch the team play?
That wasn’t my original question. It was the circumstances of his leaving and whether Taylor had commented on it.