• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ridiculous

Grecian1987

So I applied for a job within my current company the other week, and got an email saying they'd do interviews early because one of the interviewers is on holiday for the next two weeks. Fair do's. The email also said that I'd know by Thursday (today) whether or not I had an interview, which would be held on Friday (tomorrow). As of 5:17pm I have heard nothing.

Now, what should I do? Should I sh*t myself and spend most of my evening working out what I'm going to say, come in tomorrow in a suit (sorry Poults) and hope I do have an interview...

or...

Go down the pub this evening, come to work in casual clothes (everyone else will be) and probably still drunk, and assume I don't have an interview.

As a slight aside, if I don't even get an interview it will be a travesty of justice. I was doing the same job in a different office for the last 6 months.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Go down the pub this evening, come to work in casual clothes (everyone else will be) and probably still drunk, and assume I don't have an interview.
Does wearing a suit to the interview mean you are more capable of doing the job? Or is it just psychological?

Juan Kossof

I'd say it's unlikely the interviewer would have changed their hols so assume it's still on and prepare accordingly. You will at least look like you are up for it. That's assuming you want the job of course!

If not go out on the lash as suggested.

Red the Paper

Banned
Pick up the bloody phone and ask

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Pick up the bloody phone and ask
He might work for a company that doesn't like its junior staff to show initiative.

Grecian1987

Hants - every little helps

RTP - I was smart enough to try that earlier. You will be shocked to find out there was no response to my call or email, and everyone has since gone home.

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wear the suit and bring your mufti stuff in a bag. Or vice versa.

Assume it's on until you hear anything definite to the contrary - it could be some elaborate test of initiative.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whether you have an interview tomorrow or not, why are going to the pub tonight and getting that ****** that you're going to be 'probably still drunk' when you turn up for work tomorrow?

Far from getting an interview, you sound like you deserve to be getting your cards instead. I hope your employers don't read Exeweb.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, if they havnt scheduled an interview you don't have one, simples. Move on.