• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Retained List for 2024/25 (released)

Bridgy 81

Ray Pratt - how he ever got a hatrick I'll never know- vs Aldershot?
With respect (or probably not) this is complete nonsense.
You haven’t done your homework.
Ray scored two hat tricks for us, one against Torquay and another against Chester as far as I recall.
Besides that and more importantly he was a very good player and our season’s leading goalscorer in 1984/85 with 19 goals.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The retained list

Keeping this live, given it's importance!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
With respect (or probably not) this is complete nonsense.
You haven’t done your homework.
Ray scored two hat tricks for us, one against Torquay and another against Chester as far as I recall.
Besides that and more importantly he was a very good player and our season’s leading goalscorer in 1984/85 with 19 goals.
Exactly the other guy sounded very ill informed

ryancooper327

Keeping this live, given it's importance!
Isn’t there usually a pinned thing somewhere?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we have to offer him a contract to stand any chance of getting compensation, even if he has no intention of signing it. If not he walks for free.
True, but if Harry had no intention of signing a contract you'd think he'd have let the club know by now; hopefully his agent is not just stringing us along in a bid to get a better deal elsewhere.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really good listen. He gets the club, understands we need a core group of players and looking forward to seeing us progress under GC.
I completely agree with this but am still ever so so slightly disappointed that he didn't do a full Matt Taylor and dish the dirt on some of last season's under-performing players.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
True, but if Harry had no intention of signing a contract you'd think he'd have let the club know by now; hopefully his agent is not just stringing us along in a bid to get a better deal elsewhere.
He may have well told the Club, but as it has been posted already the Club still has to offer a new contract irrespectively, to ensure that we get a transfer fee.

HarryECFC

He may have well told the Club, but as it has been posted already the Club still has to offer a new contract irrespectively, to ensure that we get a transfer fee.
I believe he's got a broken arm or recent severe injury, not sure another club would take a punt on a youth and with a severe recent injury. I think he'll sign with us.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
He also scored with a header against Bideford in the Devon Bowl.
Of course, his crowning moment was the long, long, long, long, long awaited League goal in front of the Big Bank.
Scenes. ;)
Halifax at home, I was listening on the radio. Audio limbs.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Isn’t there usually a pinned thing somewhere?
I'll do that tomorrow.