• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Regrets.........

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Regret nothing, all your experiences - good and bad - are what make you who you are today. Life is too short to look back at what might have been, you are here, now, and you are what you are.

Look forward and make your best judgement on everything that you do, and you'll reach the end satisfied with how you've turned out.
Good philosphy to live your life by. I have a few regrets, but I don't let them affect me much. You have to keep looking learning from the past and looking forward. For instance I'm not going to miss our next match at Bournemouth if I can help it.;)

MikeB

Good philosphy to live your life by. I have a few regrets, but I don't let them affect me much. You have to keep looking learning from the past and looking forward
Yes, but when it involves someone very close to you, who is no longer here, it is very difficult to do that. if Only I did something different. Painful memories.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I regret giving up playing cricket for Devon U16's and not bothering going to trials at Somerset , Hampshire & Essex , instead i though going out getting ****** with my mates every weekend was better....

looking back now , i threw it away.

CITY CASUAL

Yeah loads.;)

I regret giving up playing cricket for Devon U16's
Given you were 23 at the time it was probably inevitable you would be found out.....

It was for the best.

Thanks
Chris

This post is genuine.

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
Given you were 23 at the time it was probably inevitable you would be found out.....

It was for the best.

Thanks
Chris

This post is genuine.
I can think of a few regrets for you, Christopher. ;)

I can think of a few regrets for you, Christopher. ;)
Hi Pels

Sorry mate, you still bitter about me not following through with the signed shirts and VIP tickets?

Thanks
Chris

This post is genuine.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

It was for the best.

Thanks
Chris

This post is genuine.
:D :D :D

I too had trials, for Middlesex, as a bowler.

However, there was no chance of me making the grade, so no regrets there!

:D :D :D

I too had trials, for Middlesex, as a bowler.

However, there was no chance of me making the grade, so no regrets there!
You're so right Jason. There's not a room in any office block or shop in any part of the country that doesn't have somebody who had a trial for for team, county or other. Walk into any pub in the country, everyone of the old soaks around the bar could have been a contender.

What's wrong with saying " I was ok at cricket, footy etc as a schoolboy, but I was never remotely good enough to be a pro" etc or similar. No shame in that. Sport's for all. Enjoy it!!
Thanks
Chris

This post is genuine.

Last edited:

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
Hi Pels

Sorry mate, you still bitter about me not following through with the signed shirts and VIP tickets?

Thanks
Chris

This post is genuine.
:p Yes Christopher, i was absolutely gutted. ;)