• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reggie T-42

FAN-TATIC

It is with much sadness that I inform you of the death today of My good friend Reggie T-42.

Reggie, or his real name Robin Taylor was a true Exeter City fan, he had no 'second' club. Robin was diagnosed with terminal cancer 7 years ago. At that time he was given a 20 percent chance of surviving 5 years. He went to all City games home and away, although on the odd occasion he was not well enough to do so.

Despite his illness Robin completed the Yeovil Walk for the Stansfield Foundation, he helped clear the ice and snow to allow games to go ahead and assisted in the painting of the barriers behind the away end. He also saw the Moxey 21 Shirt being auctioned on E-Bay and promptly bought it is it remained in the possession of true City fans. He presented it to the Stansfield Foundation.

He had a wicked sense of humour, was great company and Exeter City have lost a true fan.

Robin leaves a wife and a daughter.

Rest in peace Robin, I am so proud to be considered a friend of yours.

Sorry, I couldn't find the obituary thread.

Last edited:

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
My thoughts are with his family.

RIP Robin

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is really, really sad. I never met Reggie but he was a really good laugh on here and never took offence to anything. I never dreamt of the battle he was undertaking.

RIP Robin

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I'm so sorry to hear that. I knew he was seriously ill but he handled things so well and I always found him inspirational because of it. A really, really decent guy.

Such sad news RIP Robin, a really great guy and a true City fan. He was so so brave. We will miss you on the Grecian Travel coach mate

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
i first knew him off here, and then had the pleasure of meeting him in person. a very nice guy who was city through and through. a very sad loss. RIP robin

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
As far as I know I never met Robin but, as others have remarked, he was a poster with a wicked sense of humour and always worth reading.

I trust his passing will get a proper mention at our opening home match.

Deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

RIP

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very sad news. Thoughts are with his friends and family.

RIP Robin.

Last edited:

MikeGrecian

One of the few people to reply to my consistantly inane posts. Thoughts with family and friends.RIP Matey.[ecfc]

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Really, really sad news. Had noticed he hadn't been around much lately.

As already stated, he kindly donated a Derby shirt signed by Deano towards our Around the Grounds auction in aid of the Stanno foundation a couple of years back, a gesture that I never got to thank him in person for unfortunately, as I missed him when he posted the shirt through our letterbox.

That was a gesture that was greatly appreciated, as the fact it was signed by Deano meant more funds were raised for the foundation.

Thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP Reggie/Robin, sleep tight, and many thanks again.

Last edited: