• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Referee

grecian55

Poor though the referee was I have to agree with that.

Southampton were a better team than us, man-for-man, tactically more astute and made better use of their subs.

They were also more "cunning". Time and time again City have lost points to teams who are more cynical, more physical and more adept at conning the referee than us. MK are the worst but Brighton, Plymouth and others are also cleverer at sussing out what the refereee will allow. I thought that after half time Southampton "read" that the ref was going to allow them to sail close to the wind (maybe their manager pointed this out to them?), and they did so very successfully.

Not helped by us losing momentum by bring on Uncle Marcus...

Much as I want City to play "the beautiful game" I also want them to WIN the game, beautiful or not...
Very good points made in this post ,i said during the second half that substitutions would decide the game and its so true about teams conning the referee and the southern teams seem to be able to do it so easily (Millwall ,home last season got away with murder),and we do need to win ugly too .

I didnt say that BAZ. I said the photographic evidence was inconclusive.
How was it inconclusive? The player had his foot in the chest of an opposition player!! I can't see how it could possibly be more conclusive, do you want to see blood or bits of bone?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
In which case every preconcieved physical foul should viewed as violent conduct but how many are??
as for andy Carroll, I can tell you exactly what he is going to do tonight, watch the game as he's injured. Hardly rivetting viewing.
The Liverpool bit was for BAZ Ian. We'll have to agree to disagree about the ankle tapping thing.

The Liverpool bit was for BAZ Ian.
Why would I watch Liverpool? I'm an Exeter City fan and have only a passing interest in Premier League stuff.

city_red

http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16413
Some interesting views on Mr McDermid's performances from 2007. He clearly hasn't improved much!

mdg

dont think he cost us a point, however, he didnt want to give anything our way, and the cretin of a lino in front of the OG, was usless, the only time he put up his flag, was to catch the refs attention for substitutions

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps its a shame that Tis & Co are (sometimes) not quite as forthright as the boss of last weekend's opponents

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/9385667.stm

On the other hand, what the "eff" do I know, stuck up in Friggin CRAWLEY on Tuesday trying to follow events on a faltering internet link :(

(So I guess that makes me at least as qualified as Yankee Pete & Co in confidently proclaiming that the Ref was USELESS [and Hamer was, of course, TOTAL CARP!!!] ;) ] )