• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reece Cole

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've written elsewhere, but for me

Sinisalo with Cole a really close 2nd. sinisalo imho has been huge for us and a huge reason we are now in mid table, rather than battling relegation. Love Cole, But Sinisalo for me

Bridgy 81

As it’s going so well on the pitch I need to find something else Exeter City related to worry about.
So I’m hoping Reece Cole’s back problem is only short term and minor.
Backs can be tricky things as I understand it.
And when I’ve seen him on the pitch after games recently he seems to be wrapped up for a Siberian winter.
But he looks happy enough, so hopefully that’s an encouraging sign.
If anyone can reassure me about his condition I’ll move on to fretting about the apparent frequency of Vinnie Harper’s muscular problems.

According to 'Football Insider' Bolton, Pompey and Preston are interested in signing Reece, who has just over 12 months left on his contract. How much would we expect in a fee?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to 'Football Insider' Bolton, Pompey and Preston are interested in signing Reece, who has just over 12 months left on his contract. How much would we expect in a fee?
As much as we are prepared to accept. I would suggest that £500k would be a good fee given his contract. Can't see them paying that though when they can get him for free in twelve months time.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
As much as we are prepared to accept. I would suggest that £500k would be a good fee given his contract. Can't see them paying that though when they can get him for free in twelve months time.
After signing last July on a one year contract with an additional one year option, it seems he signed a new contract late last year for 18 months, again with an additional one year option. So it might be down to the terms of that option as if exercised it could be summer 2026 before he became a free agent.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'll going to give a 1/10 for probability on this one

ryancooper327

I’d like to think he would stick around a bit longer as we took one hell of a punt signing him but football is short term and money talks (for us and him!).

jack101

Pete O’Rouke doesn’t get much wrong so the interest must be genuine. Could be a a big decision for the club if Reece decides he wants out.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll going to give a 1/10 for probability on this one

Would be terribly sad if he left this summer, but football is a fickle business and if someone offered £500,000 plus sells ons etc. we would probably have to consider it

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given the circumstances in which we signed him, I'd suggest he'd be wise to stay somewhere he's enjoying his football again rather than risk 'falling out of love with the game' again.