• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Square Trial

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Fish and chips at the park!!!

This is in the Red SQuare thread ain't it? All part of the club trying to attract more people to the ground pre-match [y]

Don't think that the food in the ground is that bad neither. The pasties are alright and although not on a par with Oggy's they make very good football ground eating IMO

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sigh..................threads merged.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thank you [y] Also thanks for pointing out that you merged them, else I'd have looked like more of a numpty than usual.

GJW

Gail, you are doing a lot of sighing these days on some of the threads.

May I suggest a warm bath, then sit on the sofa with your feet up and your favourite bunny slippers on, and have a nice cold glass of 1664. Always works for me.

GJW

On topic, I think it seems a good idea.

Only reservation is that it may get rowdy if the drink is flowing well and there is a big crowd. This would be right outside the clubshop and hospitality entrance, where there could be a lot of young kids and parents going in to spend their dosh or have look around. We don't want to scare them away. If all are in good spirits then we'll have no problem.

Looking forward to using this facility myself though.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
How good was this? Thoroughly enjoyed it. Hopefully it also made the club some lovely dosh. I heard that it may be moved to the Fountain Centre's car park if the numbers warrant it as there is more room there?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thoughts anyone?
Saw it today for the first time and thought it superb. Made for a great atmosphere outside the shop, and also freed up space in the SJC so that it didn't take half an hour to get a drink.

Terrific, and the only bright spot in a thoroughly crap day at the Park.

ecfcnath

As a regular before the game really enjoyed this today. The weather obviously helped but there seem to be plenty of happy supporters using it from both sides. It helped with the normally packed bar in the centre which im sure puts alot of people off coming in as often there are queues out the door. Also my mates who are smokers loved it and i think its something that the centre does not cater for where as local pubs have beer gardens which are a hang out for smokers. Well done city !!! Would be intresting to hear if the cost of it was made up for in profits ??? Guess long term as the word gets around it would just get busier

loobygrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
This really was such a good idea and with the weather being like it was, it was nice to be sat outside and absorb the pre match atmosphere. Top marks to the club! [y]

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Just echoing everyone's sentiments here really, top marks to the club for organising this so well today (although the weather did help in a way), it took no time at all to get a drink when I arrived at SJP - the food vans weren't too bad either, although the one I used put a bit too much cheese on my Cheesy Chips! But like I said, it was fantastic and made the pre-match atmosphere a whole lot better.

Last edited: