• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Knights

Grecian1987

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/robertpeston/2010/05/red_knights_in_retreat.html#comments

What are people's thoughts on this? It's commendable that fans are trying to get ownership of the club - of course we're going to say that! I was a little disappointed however with the statement about them scouring the globe to find wealthy backers to become the sugar daddy... is that going to make any difference??

Personally I wish the Red Knights all the best. I was a United fan as a (naive) kid and would love this model to succeed at a top club.

Nothing will happen if the fans keep paying at the turnstyles though...

finetime

Can't see why the Glazers would consider selling whilst they can continue to milk all the cash, unless it was for a huge profit.

The Red Knights aren't going to chuck money away Abramovich style so it's not going to happen until the fans revolt or the Glazers suffer a financial hit elsewhere and hae pressure to sell.