• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Williams joins Exeter City from Watford

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Says clubs are unlikely to sign a player that will be out injured 4-6 weeks during this window
Except us it would appear.

IndoMike

Except us it would appear.
Funnily enough I was going to add that, but since Friday is my peace and love day I decided against it : you never know when any Exeweb poster will dive in with a rant. Can't understand why anyone would want a rant on a Friday 🙄

Oldsmobile-88

Looks like MT has accepted that Williams will be off at the end of the season so we will not receive any transfer fee for him. Says clubs are unlikely to sign a player that will be out injured 4-6 weeks during this window
Paul Tisdale would..😁

Grecian Max

Funnily enough I was going to add that, but since Friday is my peace and love day I decided against it : you never know when any Exeweb poster will dive in with a rant. Can't understand why anyone would want a rant on a Friday 🙄
All days are the same now anyway :D

IndoMike

All days are the same now anyway :D
That's true. Every day is covday. I'm not even sure if today is Friday. (It is, isn't it?)

IndoMike

Paul Tisdale would..😁
He's not the only one

Ooops.

andrew p long

Paul Tisdale would..😁
Indeed. I seem to recall (in the relegation season?) Tis signing an injured David Noble in January who wouldn't be able to contribute to the relegation battle. Tis got a lot of stick for that at the time (and IIRC he also got a lot of stick a few years later for releasing David Noble, at a time when many thought he was too valuable a player to release)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed. I seem to recall (in the relegation season?) Tis signing an injured David Noble in January who wouldn't be able to contribute to the relegation battle. Tis got a lot of stick for that at the time (and IIRC he also got a lot of stick a few years later for releasing David Noble, at a time when many thought he was too valuable a player to release)
Noble was signed in Jan 2010 as a crock; got well then played 2 full seasons in L1 inc relegation; came back Sept 2014 and played another 1 1/2 seasons in L2.

Not played since last Feb and 39 in a few weeks so presumably will be retired by the time the current crisis is over.

IndoMike

I remember that Tis was very honest and explained on signing Noble that he would be rehabilitating with his injury for a lengthy period but that he was a class player that would come good. He was right.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
1 assist in 20 games so far this season.

Either Williams final ball has been shocking or our finishing has been very poor.