• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Quest EFL Highlisghts WTF?!

dontpassback

Worth getting a dish 2K. Freesat is loads better imo.
Yep freesat is the way to go

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The highlights deal expires at the end if the season. Despite a shaky start I feel quest have done well with the highlights package and the introduction of midweek shows is a positive.

I do feel though that the efl need a more mainstream TV outlet than quest and wonder if an itv or bbc or even a channel 4 could be tempted if they got some live matches like 10 live games with the highlights like the BBC used to have many years ago.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whether it is Quest or not, it needs people really interested in the EFL like George Elek and Ali Maxwell. And Colin Murray - genuinely enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Quest have done well in getting that team central to the programme.

Red Devon

The highlights deal expires at the end if the season. Despite a shaky start I feel quest have done well with the highlights package and the introduction of midweek shows is a positive.

I do feel though that the efl need a more mainstream TV outlet than quest and wonder if an itv or bbc or even a channel 4 could be tempted if they got some live matches like 10 live games with the highlights like the BBC used to have many years ago.
Heard on the radio a couple of weeks back that Prime Video are very interested in streaming every FL game live…would probably see the end to ifollow.

Grecianpasty

Whether it is Quest or not, it needs people really interested in the EFL like George Elek and Ali Maxwell. And Colin Murray - genuinely enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Quest have done well in getting that team central to the programme.
I would rather unknown quantities who have a sound knowledge and love for the EFL than ex pros who clearly just want the money. George and Ali are great to watch.

With that said, Clinton always come across as very genuine. His passion with regards to the racist comment made in the Bolton game was great to see.

Rosencrantz

I would rather unknown quantities who have a sound knowledge and love for the EFL than ex pros who clearly just want the money. George and Ali are great to watch.

With that said, Clinton always come across as very genuine. His passion with regards to the racist comment made in the Bolton game was great to see.
Clinton's always good on the EFL as are a few others. What you want to avoid is what Sky did last week and give Merson an EFL game as there were no Premier League games on. It might not have been a good game but he couldn't really be bothered with it anyway.

denzel

Merson is appalling, can't be bothered to research the players names.
Agree about the Quest show, its pretty good and there's a lot of knowledge from the blokes they bring in.
I would prefer separate shows for each division, but that's a small gripe as I can watch it in stages anyway.

fred binneys head

I saw Merson speak at an after dinner event once, he was absolutely terrible. Thick as two short planks, his speeches are as intelligible as his match summaries on sky sports news, useless.

He’s the Boris of Sky. Kept on because he’s a clown that the lowest common denominator can relate to.

Bridgy 81

Merson is appalling, can't be bothered to research the players names.
I’ve just finished reading his new autobiography, which mainly focusses on how various addictions have affected his life.
But he also mentions in there his propensity to mix up words and names. He explains this by saying his has a diagnosis of dyslexia.
I’m no expert in the condition but understand it has different types i.e. it doesn’t just make reading problematic but can also lead to difficulties processing sounds and converting them into speech.

fred binneys head

I’ve just finished reading his new autobiography, which mainly focusses on how various addictions have affected his life.
But he also mentions in there his propensity to mix up words and names. He explains this by saying his has a diagnosis of dyslexia.
I’m no expert in the condition but understand it has different types i.e. it doesn’t just make reading problematic but can also lead to difficulties processing sounds and converting them into speech.
That might be true but it wasn’t just that. He also swore like a trooper, completely unnecessary. Plus if I had a condition that meant I frequently mixed up my words and I kept making mistakes as a result, I wouldn’t take a job as an after dinner speaker.