• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pubs For Away Fans

Brian Moore

Nowt wrong with the Loco, real pub not like the rest of the plastic theme holes around town. :)

Cider

It is simple.

Get off train, look left across car park. You will see the Great Western Hotel, with at least 8 real ales on offer. Walk up the hill and stop for lunch in the Imperial (Wetherspoons, so you know the score - Burger and Beer for sixpence). Follow New North Road, avoiding the Locomotive (!) and you will end up in the Black Horse where you should be able to beat some poncy students at pool. Just up the road to the Brooke Green for more real ale and meeting up with the rest of your travelling support. Hop round the corner into the St James Centre for cheap pints of Tribute and a portion of chips in the Red Square.

Sorted.
Sold it to me and I'm not even an away supporter!

pal

the duke of york, the bowling green, etc could result in someone beating u! id stick to the black horse or hole in the wall if desperate. or imperial. think swanaldo got it right. stick to the ones he said

Last edited:

Noddy Flack

Many thanks for such a varied response:p Am still not sure where to drink as a result, but certainly have a bit more insight!

Hants_red, am hoping that your local constabulary are a bit more level headed that the Hampshire police! I avoided any trouble, but our fanzine paints a fairly accurate picture of the events from what I heard.

##URL REMOVED##/2008/09/24/what-a-load-of-aldersh*te/

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Brian Moore

Is this what you wanted Noddy? Had to help out with a website name like that didnt i.

http://brianmooreshead.wordpress.com/

Noddy Flack

That's the one Brian, many thanks!

Grecian_Harryj

If you wan to be right near the ground go Brook Green bit dull and dark though

David Treharne

All the responses so far have erred on the "safe side"(well perhaps not the Locomotive and the Horse and Dray)[ to which incidentally I'd add 'Green Gables' as one to avoid] - how about "The Fat Pig" formerly The Coachmakers? Good beer, some excellent food and not yet discoverd by the hordes of students that are going to clog up places like "The Imperial" for the next copule of months. Catch the F1,F2 or E bus from Fore Street and alight at SJP for a quick drink in Red Square or SJP.
As a matter of interest the ExEc100 Club is hosting some Trustees from AFC Telford on Saturday before the game (and possibly after it as well).

Exehausted

Doctor Dave,
Did you get a pm from me last week, if not I must have pressed the wrong buttons.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
All the responses so far have erred on the "safe side"(well perhaps not the Locomotive and the Horse and Dray)[ to which incidentally I'd add 'Green Gables' as one to avoid] - how about "The Fat Pig" formerly The Coachmakers? Good beer, some excellent food and not yet discoverd by the hordes of students that are going to clog up places like "The Imperial" for the next copule of months. Catch the F1,F2 or E bus from Fore Street and alight at SJP for a quick drink in Red Square or SJP.
As a matter of interest the ExEc100 Club is hosting some Trustees from AFC Telford on Saturday before the game (and possibly after it as well).
The Fat Pig is a great shout Dave! Sadly hey don't serve Okocim anymore or have roast squirrel on the menu!