• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Priority groups - question/help required

AndrewP

Wonder if someone can advise with a genuine question.

I've been a trust member since about 2 weeks after we were relegated, and happily part with me money each month, attend the agm etc etc. My eldest lad Joseph is 7 and has been coming to occassional home games with me since he was 5. My youngest, Benjamin, is 5 on sunday so this coning season will see him at his first city game (probably MKdons). I'm trying to work out how I can join them in a priority group so I can get them tickets the same as me for some games, it'll be a shame if I can't take them to some big occassionas as well as normal games.

Joining them in the trust doesn't seem right, indeed , I'm not even sure you can join under 16's in the trust ?. Then I thought red army ?, but I'm not sure this is a priority group and whilst more engaging for kids than the trust, I'm not sure they would be able to attend too many of the events. I did look at Season tickets for the Grandstand (£46 a bargain), but that would mean me sitting there for all the games I go to (with & without them) and that would do my head in.

Advice appreciated.

Gary Hill

Andrew - you could join the supporters club as a family, a cheap way of becoming a 'priority group'. Details can be found on the website.

nick_exmouth

Hi Andrew

I enrolled my 2 and 1/2 year old in the Trust - he has a number and recieves newsletters!

Nick

Mr Bridger

How do these priority numbers work?.....So everyone in a priority group has a number but does the number you have make a difference to where you are in line for tickets? example does the person with prority number 1000 get their ticket before the person with priority number 3000, or is it just a number to quote on a first come fist serve basis? I hope i'm not sounding to stupid on this one as i haven't read everything about this issue.[G]

Lister

No, the numbers are irrelevant, you just need one. Think of the number as a password.

Andrew, Red Army membership is your way forward, cheap and relevant to your nippers. They'll get the benefits of priority as well as things like a birthday card from the club (I think, don't quote me on that!)

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just out of interest, is there a system in place now that reconciles trust payments with members? I seem to remember that there wasn't at one point, and would be curious to know what measures are in place to stop signing up to the trust just to get priority tickets, paying his first lot of £2 and then cancelling the standing order?

I know when I changed bank accounts a couple of years ago, my trust S/O was one thing I forgot for a couple of months before setting it up again, and I was never contacted by the trust about missing a payment

Mr Bridger

No, the numbers are irrelevant, you just need one. Think of the number as a password.
Cheers Lister mate, i've got it now.

ianaplincorners

Andrew, Red Army membership is your way forward, cheap and relevant to your nippers. They'll get the benefits of priority as well as things like a birthday card from the club (I think, don't quote me on that!)
my son is a member of the red army. Think its about £10 a season, hes just had a letter in the last week with his priority number.

Last season he got a signed photo of his favourite player with a birthday card on his birthday. When he joined he also rec'd a red army scarf. In addition they get invites to club functions, last season he went to a bingo night and 2/3 of the players were there including Logie and Dean Moxey, all in all without even taking into account priority for tickets etc its well worth joining!

David Treharne

Just out of interest, is there a system in place now that reconciles trust payments with members? I seem to remember that there wasn't at one point, and would be curious to know what measures are in place to stop signing up to the trust just to get priority tickets, paying his first lot of £2 and then cancelling the standing order? I know when I changed bank accounts a couple of years ago, my trust S/O was one thing I forgot for a couple of months before setting it up again, and I was never contacted by the trust about missing a payment
Martin Lawrence is the person to give you the definitive answer. However I am fairly confident that now that whole system has been put on a database, and that such a measure would lead to the cancellation of priority status. You should have received some information about the Trust as a priority group recently.I cannot over emphasise the amount of work that Martin has put into making the whole system water-tight and workable.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lister, is the priority number just for the QPR game, the season or (as with supporting ECFC) FOR LIFE! [y] ?

If the last, will have to keep mine somewhere very very safe!