• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier league 2018/19

GJW

I’m interested in the lower end of the premiership, especially Villa, as I plan to watch my quota of Coventry games next season in the championship (Fingers crossed). One game you really want to be at is a game against Villa.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Chelsea have agreed a deal with RB Leipzig forward Timo Werner.
Reports suggest the 24-year-old, who has scored 25 goals in the Bundesliga this season, has a release clause of about £54m."

Taken from the BBC Sport website, Obviously looking at the size of the release clause Coronavirus hasn't impacted the big clubs as they like to tell us!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Police are worried about some games, that fans might turn up in numbers outside the grounds.

To help police paranoia this in from Portugal

grecIAN Harris

If there's one thing this pandemic has proved me right on is that players do not need to spit. A positive to come out of the pandemic for football. Disgusting habit mostly done to look cool IMO.

As for the Prem restarting, I can't say i'm that interested anymore tbh. As time as passed during this pandemic I've gradually got to see the Premier League as some separate entity that isn't part of real football and the real football family.

I've not been watching the Bundesliga other than the opening day and i probably won't be watching the Prem when it resumes. Just finding i have no interest.

Chelsea talking about a 50m quid move for Timo Werner. It's as if nothing has changed for the better in these top leagues.
You've never run hard enough to get clogged up with lactic acid then.

Spoonz Red E

There's another reason for it as well ...

GJW

I do a fair bit of running, walking and cycling and I do spit. I certainly don't do it to look cool as there is never anyone around (and it isn’t cool). It naturally comes up and I need to get rid of it. The alternative of swallowing isn’t an option, especially if you are working hard and are already struggling to breathe shooting up a hill. The saliva is thicker for some reason. It’s not like when you are at home reading a book and you swallow saliva throughout the day. I always spit somewhere out of the way and never on a pavement. It is just a few times not constantly, otherwise I’d be dehydrated. Sorry if that upsets some but is just a fact of life. Always needed to do it and so won’t be stopping now. If you do a lot of sport and can do it without spitting then we’ll done to you. I can’t. I never spit at any other time, just hard exercise.

Legohead

Banned
I played football until my early 20's. Semi pro and also in Hull City reserves and never felt the need to spit.

Red Devon

Snot rockets are unavoidable when running and cycling especially in cold weather.

Legohead

Banned
Why do some managers do it then? Guardiola a frequent miscreant.

GJW

Why do some managers do it then? Guardiola a frequent miscreant.
Yes, that I don’t understand. There is no need for that. Some people do it as habit (nothing to do with exercise). Wonder if he has always just done it Since he was a teenager. He needs to try gum instead.