• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier League 20/21

sign of the chimes

I think that parachute payments are paid for three seasons after relegation but if, in that time, a team receiving them is promoted then their payments stop. The "saved" money is distributed amongst the Premier League clubs rather than filtered down to the EFL.
Exactly that. Two or three of them making it back up this season must surely cover most/all of the additional COVID solidarity payments made to Leagues 1 and 2?

I think that parachute payments are paid for three seasons after relegation but if, in that time, a team receiving them is promoted then their payments stop. The "saved" money is distributed amongst the Premier League clubs rather than filtered down to the EFL.
This money used to get split to the EFL clubs, I remember us getting a share of the money, when did this change?

Legohead

Banned

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably same bunch of Billy Big Thugs who invaded Bolton yesterday risking a Covid outbreak "in the name of football support" when we peed on their chips.
Gary Neville says he supports their actions - supporting spread of Covid and injurying Police & Security staff are offences and you are aiding & abetting this.
By all means protest safely but don't put others at risk.
Like Bolton, Man U should be docked points for not controlling fans and breaches of Covid 19 rules.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably same bunch of Billy Big Thugs who invaded Bolton yesterday risking a Covid outbreak "in the name of football support" when we peed on their chips.
Gary Neville says he supports their actions - supporting spread of Covid and injurying Police & Security staff are offences and you are aiding & abetting this.
By all means protest safely but don't put others at risk.
Like Bolton, Man U should be docked points for not controlling fans and breaches of Covid 19 rules.
Thought I recognised them this afternoon https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/bolton-wanderers-police-investigate-incident-20510489

Wonder if Bolton might get a 12 point deduction for failing to control fans / breaking EFL Covid rules / their players going over to speak to fans on way in ?

Legohead

Banned
Why do Man U fans think that any owners will listen to them though? If they want to be valued and listened to then they should go and support a local non league side instead. Premier League is big business. Fans do not matter to those clubs and never will. I would have thought these fans would have realized this by now.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why do Man U fans think that any owners will listen to them though? If they want to be valued and listened to then they should go and support a local non league side instead. Premier League is big business. Fans do not matter to those clubs and never will. I would have thought these fans would have realized this by now.
Apart from those that have with FC United, it may be because Man Utd are THEIR club. Just because they are a big club doesn't mean all the supporters are plastics or tourists.

It doesn't matter whether the owners listen or not. Why should they just shrug their shoulders and accept that their club is being rotted from the top. If some of our supporters did that, City wouldn't be around in our current form.

Supporters are supporters whether they "worship" at Old Trafford, SJP or Ladysmead. Their club is part of their life. We are not different and supporters of all clubs should be worried that the rot doesn't reach out and affect all of us. An independent regulator who can take the power away from those owners is badly needed or else none of us will have a club as we know it.

Legohead

Banned
Apart from those that have with FC United, it may be because Man Utd are THEIR club. Just because they are a big club doesn't mean all the supporters are plastics or tourists.

It doesn't matter whether the owners listen or not. Why should they just shrug their shoulders and accept that their club is being rotted from the top. If some of our supporters did that, City wouldn't be around in our current form.

Supporters are supporters whether they "worship" at Old Trafford, SJP or Ladysmead. Their club is part of their life. We are not different and supporters of all clubs should be worried that the rot doesn't reach out and affect all of us. An independent regulator who can take the power away from those owners is badly needed or else none of us will have a club as we know it.
I think you misunderstood the meaning behind my post RC. I'm not at all saying that they aren't die hard genuine fans or criticising their loyalty. You mentioned 'plastics' and 'tourists' not me. I'm saying that it is unreasonable and naive to expect the owners of a multimillion pound global brand ( Man U ) to listen to what the die hard core of the club wants and if they seriously desire it then they must look elsewhere because they won't get it at clubs like Man U sadly.

I do agree that a regulator or perhaps a mediator that can act as a go between with fans and owners to help both engage in dialogue and find solutions would be a positive and much needed intervention.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think you misunderstood the meaning behind my post RC. I'm not at all saying that they aren't die hard genuine fans or criticising their loyalty. You mentioned 'plastics' and 'tourists' not me. I'm saying that it is unreasonable and naive to expect the owners of a multimillion pound global brand ( Man U ) to listen to what the die hard core of the club wants and if they seriously desire it then they must look elsewhere because they won't get it at clubs like Man U sadly.

I do agree that a regulator or perhaps a mediator that can act as a go between with fans and owners to help both engage in dialogue and find solutions would be a positive and much needed intervention.
And I think you misunderstand my point. Why should they give up and go somewhere else? Why should it be any more unreasonable for them to be listened to than any lower league fans? Do you think Russell and Lewis listened to our supporters? Who do you think are still here? We are, they are not.

Supporters will almost always outlast the owners unless they throw in the towel. This isn't just Utd fans fight. It's a fight for all fans. It's easy to say football clubs are just businesses. They are actually so much more than that. They are primarily football clubs with the emphasis on club. The club is the player's, the staff and the supporters. Without any one of those, there is no club and therefore no business. Where are the owners then? They won't care, they will be on to the next opportunity. Where will the supporters be? Without a club. Who suffers?

I know you have a different relationship with supporting a club than most of us which you have explained in length and that is fine. It's your choice. No other club can replace the feeling for City that I have. City are my club. Anything else will be a shadow of the feeling. Those Utd supporters are no different to me in their strength of feeling, and a few thousand other City supporters, and millions of supporters of all clubs around the world. That feeling is worth standing up for, not just walking away.

Legohead

Banned
And I think you misunderstand my point. Why should they give up and go somewhere else? Why should it be any more unreasonable for them to be listened to than any lower league fans? Do you think Russell and Lewis listened to our supporters? Who do you think are still here? We are, they are not.

Supporters will almost always outlast the owners unless they throw in the towel. This isn't just Utd fans fight. It's a fight for all fans. It's easy to say football clubs are just businesses. They are actually so much more than that. They are primarily football clubs with the emphasis on club. The club is the player's, the staff and the supporters. Without any one of those, there is no club and therefore no business. Where are the owners then? They won't care, they will be on to the next opportunity. Where will the supporters be? Without a club. Who suffers?

I know you have a different relationship with supporting a club than most of us which you have explained in length and that is fine. It's your choice. No other club can replace the feeling for City that I have. City are my club. Anything else will be a shadow of the feeling. Those Utd supporters are no different to me in their strength of feeling, and a few thousand other City supporters, and millions of supporters of all clubs around the world. That feeling is worth standing up for, not just walking away.
Fair enough RC. Some good points.