• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Predict L2 2018/19

Jammers20

As the D3D4 ECFC correspondent I do not condone this message (rofl)
My prediction is on the page, I think the guys on the site/podcast as with everyone who is not ECFC are blinkered by Tisdale leaving.

Last edited:

Jammers20

Ryan Harley, Robbie Simpson and Lloyd James were not important players for us, Storey was surprise of the season. The only player that has left that's a problem is JMT who has been replaced by Martin.

We might need a couple more squad players but our starting 11 is probably one of the best in the division.
As the ECFC correspondent for D3D4 football.com I do not agree with their prediction at all. My season preview was a little vague because it's a total unknown where we might finish under Taylor. it's a whole new start at the club. I feel like the guys on the website/podcast are blinkered a bit from Tisdale leaving.

sign of the chimes

Hoping us 'foreign' types can join in?

1. Swindon
2. Lincoln
3. MK Dons
4. Notts County
5. Cambridge
6. Colchester
7. Mansfield
8. Exeter
9. Stevenage
10. Crawley
11. Forest Green
12. Northampton
13. Cheltenham
14. Bury
15. Grimsby
16. Crewe
17. Oldham
18. Newport
19. Tranmere
20. Yeovil
21. Port Vale
22. Carlisle
23. Morecambe
24. Macclesfield

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hoping us 'foreign' types can join in?
Huh! He Who Must Not Be Named is going up, but we aren't!

sign of the chimes

Huh! He Who Must Not Be Named is going up, but we aren't!
Can't abide the Franchise (was going to change their name before posting but didn't know if that would upset the spreadsheet holding the predictions), but would imagine they'll have a disproportionate budget to every other side in L2 this season. Whilst that's no guarantee of anything the two teams in a similar position in L1 last season finished first and second.

You lot are virtually becoming a second club to me - I think it's in football's interest for trust-owned clubs to succeed and the way your academy seems to be churning out talent is both remarkable and laudable. I hope the Taylor appointment works out - and it sounds as though the majority on exeweb are confident he will - but either way when a club has had some continuity (and you've had more of that than pretty much anyone) a change *usually* causes some disruption. Given that Tisdale seemed to be all about 'the project' there has to be a fair risk that, in terms of results, you'll take a step back before taking any forward (feel free to resurrect this quote when you're confirmed Champions with a record points tally).

For what little it's worth I think the appointment of Taylor was a sensible one - getting a lower league journeyman manager in would have been an own goal. However, I do think for the last couple of seasons you've probably outperformed outside expectations. Top half would be an alright result and would give Taylor something to build on. If you prove me wrong and win L2 then you can rest assured that there won't be many fans from other clubs who would be more pleased.

speedyflo

1. Lincoln City
2. Notts County
3. MK Dons
4. Northampton
5. Mansfield
6. Exeter
7. Swindon
8. Colchester
9. Tranmere
10. Port Vale
11. Cambridge
12. Stevenage
13. Oldham
14. Carlisle
15. Crawley
16. Crewe
17. Bury
18. Cheltenham
19. Newport County
20. Forest Green
21. Yeovil Town
22. Macclesfield
23. Morecambe
24. Grimsby

burtiew

1. Exeter City
2. Notts County
3. Northampton
4. Swindon Town
5. Lincoln City
6. Oldham
7. Mansfield
8. MK Dons
9. Colchester
10. Port Vale
11. Tranmere
12. Crawley
13. Cambridge United
14. Bury
15. Stevenage
16. Grimsby
17. Crewe
18. Carlisle
19. Cheltenham
20. Forest Green
21. Yeovil
22. Newport County
23. Morecambe
24. Macclesfield

sidney

1. Lincoln
2. Northampton
3. Swindon
4. Crawley
5. Oldham
6. Mansfield
7. Tranmere
8. Exeter City
9. Port Vale
10. Colchester
11. Notts County
12. MK Dons
13. Cambridge Utd
14. Grimsby
15. Carlisle
16. Cheltenham
17.Forest Green
18. Stevenage
19. Crewe
20. Newport
21. Yeovil
22. Bury
23. Macclesfield
24. Morecambe

ExeterCityLad

Can't abide the Franchise (was going to change their name before posting but didn't know if that would upset the spreadsheet holding the predictions), but would imagine they'll have a disproportionate budget to every other side in L2 this season. Whilst that's no guarantee of anything the two teams in a similar position in L1 last season finished first and second.

You lot are virtually becoming a second club to me - I think it's in football's interest for trust-owned clubs to succeed and the way your academy seems to be churning out talent is both remarkable and laudable. I hope the Taylor appointment works out - and it sounds as though the majority on exeweb are confident he will - but either way when a club has had some continuity (and you've had more of that than pretty much anyone) a change *usually* causes some disruption. Given that Tisdale seemed to be all about 'the project' there has to be a fair risk that, in terms of results, you'll take a step back before taking any forward (feel free to resurrect this quote when you're confirmed Champions with a record points tally).

For what little it's worth I think the appointment of Taylor was a sensible one - getting a lower league journeyman manager in would have been an own goal. However, I do think for the last couple of seasons you've probably outperformed outside expectations. Top half would be an alright result and would give Taylor something to build on. If you prove me wrong and win L2 then you can rest assured that there won't be many fans from other clubs who would be more pleased.
Disproportionate budget or not, Franchise FC have just been buying our dead wood anyway.

Red Nose

1. Swindon
2. Lincoln
3. Oldham
4. Notts County
5. Mansfield
6. Exeter City
7. Port Vale
8. MK Dons
9. Crawley
10. Tranmere
11. Northampton