• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Post Match Thread

GeraintJones

is it good that we have another home game on tuesday?

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
No urgency, no desire, no dynamism, no pace, no quality, no width, no idea.

logies 4 stone overweight, sercombe is miles out of his depth and nobody was capable of taking charge.
appauling

also, haber looked hopeless as well

Last edited:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any positives?
Non whatsoever, this is the absolute nadir. The only direction now is up, but are we up to it...'

ecfctis

After that performance ECFC are exactly where they deserve to be, bottom four. Utter Rubbish!!

thermopylai

is it good that we have another home game on tuesday?
Its probably good that it Bristol Wan***s, and we can hope the "derby" will get the players going. But if we are not very very much improved then we will get battered.

Our biggest hope must be our inconsistency.

Red the Paper

Banned
Marriott was Ok. Nearly got caught out in the first half, too slow off his line and was robbed by their number 10 who failed to score. The goal, maybe he could have done better.

Edwards - if he was a horse they would shoot him. Dire today.
Sercombe - I am his biggest fan, but today he was a total embarassment
Fleetwood - how on earth anybody could clap him when he got subbed is amazing. He should never wear the shirt again. just not good enough
Logan - OK in fits and starts. When will he actually jump for a ball.
Burnell - still unsure if he is good enough
Harley - looked good on the ball, but ran out of ideas and with Logan/Fleetwood up front wasn't helped at all.

The rest I cannot overly criticise, but no praise will be forthecoming either.

I cannot see us surviving. we are a League 2 side, wake up and smell the coffee.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
No urgency, no desire, no dynamism, no pace, no quality, no width, no idea.

logies 4 stone overweight, sercombe is miles out of his depth and nobody was capable of taking charge.
appauling

also, haber looked hopeless as well
Apart from adding that Ryan (make me tackle and I'll cry) Harley is decidedly NOT the type of "man" for this type of dogfight game, spot on there :(

I'm usually a "half-full" type of person but I'm afraid today's (non-)performance has seriously holed the glass below the waterline.

PS: As an aside, we are now officially IN the relegation zone. Make a note in your diaries: 20 Feb 2010 - The day the L1 trapdoor opened [n]

jr1871

We are nearly well and truly found out now. Very, very sad to say that we have a conference standard team (on the whole, there are exceptions), and we have bounced up the league on team spirit, good management, and the winning habit. We didn't buy enough quality in the close season, and I pleaded for us to spend in January, on players that would make the difference. We are too busy paying wages to non playing staff.

And to anybody who says 'I'd rather be in L2 than have no club, blah, blah, blah' then go get stuffed.... It was, and is perfectly possible to sensibly strenghthen. We have our priorities all wrong. I truly hope that the non playing staff can find themselves enough to do in L2.....

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Utter embarrassment today.

When Russell went on for Sercombe, our midfield trio of him, Harley and Burnell offered less creativity than a 5 year old in a sandpit, always picked the wrong pass, always made the wrong choice.

Fleetwood and Logan were dire up top, Logan sulked every time he didn't jump to win the header, Fleetwood offered very little again. Really don't understand what Macca and Watson have to do to warrant more chances. Haber looked less than impressive aswell, Barry Corr eat your heart out.

Why doesn't Tisdale show any emotions on the touchline? When we're losing 1-0 with Edwards, Taylor and Marriott are c*cking around with the ball at the back, or aimlessly lumping it forward, all Tis does is stand with his arms crossed. What's wrong with waving his arms a little to show that he actually wants to get forward, to try and get something from the game?

Carry on playing like we did today and we're going down, no matter how much we hate to say it.

bazza1953

The quality in the team (and the management) has been falling for weeks now and when you lose it its very hard to recover.

The team is not good enough - no pride, no passion only maybe Logie and perhaps Tully and Duffy come out with any credit. A captain who really lead by example today (crap) and a manager who hides from responsibility. Tisdales only quality at present is in his clothing.

Mr Tisdale I am sure knows this team is not up to it and I fear his contacts are not either. Credit for the last two seasons but it is easier when things go well. The quality of the management is to do well when things are bad. sadly I fear his experience in this department is wanting. Not yet, but his head is getting ever closer to the block!!