• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Positivity. Some peace and Goodwill would be nice.

eastdulwich

Sometimes, given the perochial sniping on these sites, it's easy to forget just how far we have come. In the 40 years I've been a fan I cannot remember a team with so much quality. In Cureton - brought in as a last minute thought - we have the best striker since Kellow (praise indeed), three other quality front men, a midfield that oozes class and crunch (Dunne is superb and Liam could be the City boy to go all the way) and a defence that is improving, though this is the area I would like to see strengthened. Outside the football, the club is an increasingly integral part of the community, both in Devon and for us Exiles and better for that. With Tiz, Perryman et el, we have a strong management unit, which is vitally important, allowing us to look further ahead then the next match. You rarely see Tiz make an impulse buy and he knows six months ahead who is likely to be off and who he will bring in as a replacement. The continued success for City is a wonderful advertisement for an alternative method of running a club and long may it continue. It says a lot that I am no longer amazed that we beat teams like Sheff Wednesday. I am not complacent, but quietly happy that we have a squad to compete....

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can only echo much of what has already been said. A year of some real highs but also the biggest low we could have ever feared.

But, when all is said and done, here we are with one of the most successful sides we've ever seen, we still have our memories, Credy still doesn’t know the difference between your and you’re, and we can go into 2011 with our heads held high [ecfc]

happygrecian

Great posts guys. We need to enjoy the times we're living in, the quality of our team, and seeing the likes of Leeds, Sheffield, Norwich, Millwall, Southampton et al being given a real game at SJP. Live in the moment and be happy.

KingBilly

....., remember where you first heard the words play offs, .

*cough. I wrote in a pre-season thread that I thought we'd make the play-off this season. I was laughed out of town.

I'm itching to resurrect that thread come May.

flakey pasty

*cough. I wrote in a pre-season thread that I thought we'd make the play-off this season. I was laughed out of town.

I'm itching to resurrect that thread come May.
Let's hope it is indeed resurected.
Apart of course from losing our Adam, another terrific season for City.
Let's keep it going.
Peace and goodwill to all men (and Shabba) - let's hope for less arguing and grumbling on these boards for 2011*

* = some hope.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great thread and some very pertinent points made with which, as a fan since 1966, I fully concur.

Let's just push on from here now, not recklessley, but slowly, slowly catchee play-offs stylee...[G]