• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v The Mighty Exeter City MDT. 3pm KO

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've only just seen the highlights.

Whilst Hartridge should've done better, Big Nige's contribution wasn't very helpful. I don't know what he was attempting to do with the ball from the throw in but if he'd managed to control it i doubt it would've been then been sent back to Hartridge at all. His pinged pass back also bounced right in front of Hartridge on what looked like quite a hard, bobbly pitch.
It was a hospital pass.

Ex-ciderrr

Sparks rugby tackles their winger. I'm not sure why he was so highly rated a few years back. He's slow and looks lethargic
Noticed it a good couple of seasons ago now, majorly overrated player. He’s Literally living off hitting the crossbar on his debut in a game 4 years ago now. Still.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’ll always have a soft spot for Jack after he clapped me and two other city fans in the away end at Alfreton when we went to watch the U21s undeservedly lose against Nottingham forest a few years back. He’s a good lad. Could do with an extra yard or two of pace, but he’s a good lad.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sparkes was good last season prior to his injury, he has struggled this season for various reasons.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Noticed it a good couple of seasons ago now, majorly overrated player. He’s Literally living off hitting the crossbar on his debut in a game 4 years ago now. Still.
Swindon away wasn’t it....he has ability but is just so sloooo

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Post. He hit the left hand post.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's got a good cross and dead ball on him but his lack of pace gets exposed at full back. Perhaps he needs to play higher up the pitch.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps he needs to play higher up the pitch.
That much has been obvious from day one.

His best position is left midfield.

I've been saying that for about three years !

He's one of those players who just needs to get the ball out of his feet and cross it time after time.

He's a poor man's Matt Ritchie.

Ex-ciderrr

Matt keeps saying you need physicality to be successful in L2. But here we are...getting bossed by teams and having no answer. Again.
we go on about it and it’s a huge aspect of success in league 2 I fully agree, I’m still yet to see us physically dominate teams like teams regularly dominate us.

I love the academy and ones of our own thing but the fact we do this, and the numbers we do it in doesn’t allow us to have that physicality to be successful in league 2, because of their builds and physique which isn’t yet developed coupled with the fact we haven’t got enough physicality within the more senior players too, one two, maybe three with a presence? We just get out thought in games and dominated far too often. Also feel we need some pace injected into the squad next season too, wide and up front, Williams we expect will be off, Randall will probs be sold at some point, Willmott on loan but not pulling up any tress also into his thirties will not be getting any quicker too. Key the only one who’s fit with genuine pace id say.

Ex-ciderrr

Swindon away wasn’t it....he has ability but is just so sloooo
Correct it was Swindon away 2017 under tis.

so predictable, very one footed, defensively poor too. He can put in a good cross now and then. Yeah he’s young and has time on his side. Based on this season particularly I don’t feel he’s progressed at all nor can I really see that he’s ”one of our own” that’s going to make us decent money and go on to play much higher than league 2 football so he’s kind of one that we could be stuck with in a way.

prove me wrong and make me eat my words by all means! He’s Got a huge chance with Randall out for the season in the LW berth thats there on a plate for him, But I’ve just seen numerous poor performances continuously from him and the team too.