• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v Exeter City Matchday Thread 29/9/2018

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just timed it again on the stopwatch. the time between full time whistle and whistle to restart play is actually longer than 40 secs.
You've lost me now buddy. Are you saying the referees timing was about right?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That was a sickener.To concede so late,it felt like a defeat at Vale Park.Excellent support as usual.350 if I heard correctly.

A good display.Lee Martin was my MOM,Luke Croll was also excellent today.
I agree with you on the two stand out players.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I absolutely love Luke Croll.

Stelios

Just timed it again on the stopwatch. the time between full time whistle and whistle to restart play is actually longer than 40 secs.
Sorry to be a pedant but you've twice said there was a full time whistle at 90 minutes? How is that possible?

PeteUSA

For me, the man of the match was Pym. Excellent throughout, and its good to finally see him come off his line for nearly everything. He flapped on just one but got lucky on that. Definite 8 from 10 for me.

STURTZ

Sorry to be a pedant but you've twice said there was a full time whistle at 90 minutes? How is that possible?
I was thinking that!

Port vale sond a good side and we will go on to see it as a point gained rather than 3 lost.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry, you're right. The ref blows for a foul at 90 minutes and the time added on begins on the counter at the same moment. Not pedantry, I often get things confused in my head when I'm writing so thank you for the correction. I don't think it alters my judgment of the time.

Stelios

Sorry, you're right. The ref blows for a foul at 90 minutes and the time added on begins on the counter at the same moment. Not pedantry, I often get things confused in my head when I'm writing so thank you for the correction. I don't think it alters my judgment of the time.
Thanks! Doesn't alter your judgment at all and actually makes it all sound plausible rather than 'robbery' (which it felt like at the time!)

STURTZ

Any reports on Oyeleke? Always thought we didn't give him a fair chance at City.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any reports on Oyeleke? Always thought we didn't give him a fair chance at City.
Played well, got around the pitch a lot and looked busy. I'd say their whole midfield was guilty of not covering ours very well, including him. That's why I was frustrated the last 20 minutes that we didn't try and keep possession longer.