• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v Exeter City match day thread

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
A young Port Vale fans vlog:
A view of a couple of City goals from 12 minutes and 14:30.
Begins with the lad saying "this is the easiest game of the season". Ends with mass exodus and "fooking Coonts"
There’s nothing like a good loser……

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've watched this clip so many times! Fantastic flick by Pedro and a great shot by Harris.

StroudGrecian

A young Port Vale fans vlog:
A view of a couple of City goals from 12 minutes and 14:30.
Begins with the lad saying "this is the easiest game of the season". Ends with mass exodus and "fooking Coonts"
Do - Do - Do,
Football in a library....

Grecian2K

I've watched this clip so many times! Fantastic flick by Pedro and a great shot by Harris.

A well worthy contender for Goal Of The Season IMHO. (y)
What a flick on...
...and not even the late, great George Hunter, Lev Yashin and Gordon Banks combined on the goal-line would have kept that fecking finish out!

roger wellman

Over the last six games, we're the form team after Pompey, who pip us by scoring one more goal.
Top of the form League at the start, bottom in the middle, and top at the end. Now that is a proper rollercoster!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Me too and the fact it's been viewed over 20 000 times suggests we're not alone. Feels like the sort of clip that will be dug out in a few years time if and when they end up playing against each other at a higher level.

KentGrecian

Is razor OK

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The other side of the team photo

Attachments

roger wellman

Record equaling 8th away win in this division post 1945 (I think).
Sorry that was our 9th away win which could be a post war record in this division.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great photo. And yes, good team spirit, but it's easy to have good team spirit when you're winning. What's really impressive about this lot is how they stuck together in those long, fruitless autumn and winter months when I was in total despair. No dissent, no silly comments, no blame game. Set the foundations for our recovery. The players deserve credit for that, but GC sets the culture and deserves even more.
Agree 💯