• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
On the topic of the numpties queuing for fuel, Listening to LBC they had reporters (Of course) at various fuel station asking those in the queue what they thought of it all etc, Answers ranged from letting Health workers queue jump, Which the reporter pointed out the irony that by being in the queue they were causing the panic buying to interviewing a person who heard over the day about it and thought she just needed to fuel up, Even though she has 3/4 tank in her car already, People are numpties I'm afraid, They were probably the same people buying bog roll last year.

DB9

Lots of hard left disquiet that SKS made a series of promises to get their votes in the leadership election which he is now slowly distancing himself from. The nationalising of the energy companies being one.
He needs a belter of a speech on Wednesday.
I would like to see a speech on par with Kinnock back in the 80's when he confronted Millitant head on, Still took over a decade to get back to power but to me that was the first step and unlike back then i can't see Johnson being as embeded as Thatcher was.

DB9

Even this takes some explaining why you'd do it:

angelic upstart

I suspect this was done to death a few years back, but despite being for a no deal Brexit it does appear (anecdotally to me at least) that some of these issues are beginning to become apparent.

I'm alright, my car doesn't use petrol or diesel it runs on sovereignty and I've got plenty of it.

tonykellowfan

PM made me laugh today, they literally started the program by asking a woman why people were filling up and she replied "because they are morons".

fred binneys head

I chuckled the other day at Tesco when I was filling up and I asked the attendant how much they had left. She said "hardly anything because of these dickheads" whilst pointing at the queue, without a shred of acknowledgement on her face that I was also one of the people who had just queued up. Brilliant.

Oldsmobile-88

Good on Angie-baby for saying it like it is! We need to see a bit of real passion from the "opposition" rather than the increasingly craven kow-towing by SKS.
The problem G2K is that it overshadowed the start of the Conference,the Leaders first since his election(Cancelled last year)
It is not a great look from a deputy leader.The comments will resonate with certain sections on Twitter & the like but will alienate voters that Labour need to get back onside in crucial swing seats.She was no doubt playing to a echo chamber crowd at the Conference.Got to be better than that.
I noticed that Angela Reynor doubled down on her comments today despite what her boss said yesterday,it’s just digging a bigger hole,showing poor judgement.The problem for Starmer is she is untouchable after the debacle following the Hartlepool by-election defeat.

Whatever anyone thinks of Sir Keir,it’s vital for all of us whatever anyone’s political colour,that the country gets a functioning opposition very soon.Its pretty one sided at the moment despite monumental c*ck ups from the government.

BJ struts the world stage fooling everyone,whilst the main opposition story is infighting with a few crass remarks from its deputy.

On a positive note for Labour,I thought Rachel Reeves delivered a good speech today to counter some of the negative headlines in the past 36 hours.

DB9

With calls for people working in healthcare given priority for fuel, IMHO I do not think its right, I understand they do an important job but everyone has to work, To earn money to put food on the table. If you categories people this will only cause envy. How would you police this? Imagine the hassle fuel station staff would have and I've noticed the Police have been very absent with reports of fights and traffic blocking roads etc, By the time a plan is sorted this thing will be over, Obviously emergency services need fuel and should get it, On the M3 yesterday the service stations were only serving HGV's and Motorway signs were saying this. I just think it will be impossible to enforce and like the Pandemic, Prioritising one set of people against another doesn't work.

tavyred

Just watched a news reporter say he witnessed some wazzock queue up at a petrol station for ages just to top up his tank with £1-60 worth of fuel.
You can’t legislate for that level of feckwittery. 😡

Banksy

Just watched a news reporter say he witnessed some wazzock queue up at a petrol station for ages just to top up his tank with £1-60 worth of fuel.
You can’t legislate for that level of feckwittery. 😡
What a twonk.