• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
And the was a Tory trying to claim a second home allowance when he owned three properties within the M25. It's not a contest to see who's the worst, I have highlighted that politicians on all sides, Not all of them are guilty of trying to claim stuff they weren't entitled to but Stuffy, As usual the ones on the Red/Yellow side seem to be the ones you want to highlight. They are ALL the same!
In my previous post I went so far as highlighting a Tory husband and wife who were accused of cheating the the taxpayers. Barry Gardiner was simply thrown in for good measure. However, I will post this link that I haven't seen anywhere near it's entirety - you have my word on that..

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

And this article is very "hot" to say the least about Johnson's dependency on Cummings ++.
Quite sensational really, but it was on the Google highlighted news so it's in the public domain

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think the key word in that article/headline is 'Could'

Load of old tropes in my view.

Cummins is Boris's thinker and implementer. Boris paints the broad picture, Cummins delves into the detail and then, together with his army of like-minded SPADS, cajoles/bullies (delete as you wish) the relevant SoS and Perm Secretary to enact the detail. Boris doesn't trust anyone else to do this, and hasn't got time / can't be bothered to find someone else.

IndoMike

Think the key word in that article/headline is 'Could'

Load of old tropes in my view.

Cummins is Boris's thinker and implementer. Boris paints the broad picture, Cummins delves into the detail and then, together with his army of like-minded SPADS, cajoles/bullies (delete as you wish) the relevant SoS and Perm Secretary to enact the detail. Boris doesn't trust anyone else to do this, and hasn't got time / can't be bothered to find someone else.
Well, thanks for reading it. It makes sense to me and is backed up with a lot of specific info, some of which would be libellous if untrue.
Do you agree that IF it was true then for various reasons it would explain why Boris would want to keep Cummings by his side?

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gold old Barry. I rather miss the boring old buffer. Now there was a man who could fill up an hour without actually saying anything useful. Saved spending out on sleeping tablets mind.

And in answer to other posters: yes they are at it across the whole political spectrum
Just finished viewing the link from my post #12,864. Take a shufti Al.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, thanks for reading it. It makes sense to me and is backed up with a lot of specific info, some of which would be libellous if untrue.
Do you agree that IF it was true then for various reasons it would explain why Boris would want to keep Cummings by his side?
IF any of it were true, then it would be reason(s) yes.

But my view is the reason he has kept him is simpler than that. It isn't about some great hold or secret that DC has that Boris is petrified of being released. Christ the man is Teflon, he's survived enough scandal over the years - Acuri last week merited barely a shrug.

It's just Boris thinks they work well together. Boris is the public salesman. Dom does all his dirty work behind the scenes and if he so happens to ruffle a few feathers in the Civil Service in doing so, all to the better.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, only surprised Stuffers & co haven't highlighted the much maligned Jeremy Corbyn, not on that particular list, but who once claimed £8.70 for an ink cartridge.
Oh, Bum! Just when I thought I was gonna move a post near Mike. typical Elgy trick :sneaky:

IndoMike

Just finished viewing the link from my post #12,864. Take a shufti Al.
I'm watching the video, Stuffy. Fascinating I was living in Spain at the time (or was i in Indon) and didn't really follow this.
Excellent work by the Telegraph. Why can't they be like that now rather than sycophantically following the Tory party line? Back to the video ..

IndoMike

Oh, Bum! Just when I thought I was gonna move a post near Mike. typical Elgy trick :sneaky:
Stuffers
This story confirms the need for the press to continually and closely scrutinize objectively Govt and Parliament. This is why I and others constantly bang on about the Brexit process and the lies and deception of Johnson, Cummings, Hancock at all, where
not losing face and other shenanigans is more important to them than the loss of 60,000 lives .
Some posters on.this thread think that rather than scrutinize the current Govt and rightfully censure its lies and incompetence it is better to deflect to misdeeds done by Labour politicians in the past, as if that justifies the behavior of the Govt today..
That is what disappoints me most

Grecian2K

You forgot to add the hapless Local Government Secretary, Robert "Baldrick" - the man with the cunning plan.
He seems to have been hauled out for more than his fair share of daily conferences.
Talking of dear old Balders.....
Even the leader of the Tory group of the local council has resigned in protest!