• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
SNP and Greens have ended their political relationship in Scotland so the SNP are going to Govern as a minority Government, Think this might end in tears. It has not been a good 12 months or so for the SNP.
Hamza Useless's Leadership on a knife edge. His fate sits with the Greens and we should know soon if he faces a vonc (which he could well lose). If so, good riddance to bad rubbish.

tavyred

Cameron the latest Globalist lying about the numbers of illegals we were able to send back to mainland Europe when we were members of the EU.
Remoaner lies as well as tears still flowing. 🙄

Oldsmobile-88

SNP and Greens have ended their political relationship in Scotland so the SNP are going to Govern as a minority Government, Think this might end in tears. It has not been a good 12 months or so for the SNP.
It’s been a poor relationship for Scotland. Too much virtue signalling from the coalition government. The tail appeared to wag the dog.
In a rare wise move, Hamza Yousaf & the SNP pulled the plug on the Bute House agreement. It would have been a more incompetent look than usual to have waited for the Green membership vote to give their leadership the nod to do the same.

tavyred

A lot of English liberals who have regularly cited SNP Scotland as an exemplar of stable progressive government in these islands will have a lot of egg on their faces when and if the grievance-mongering charlatans of the SNP get their final comeuppance.
If the London based MSM were as interested as they should be, then this would be a bigger story than it is.
Boris and cake however! 🤷‍♂️

Banksy

Angela Van Den Bogerd currently squirming at the Post Office Enquiry.She’s very sorry apparently.I wonder if any of these shysters will be held to account?
The squirming continues….

Oldsmobile-88

If the London based MSM were as interested as they should be, then this would be a bigger story than it is.
It’s more of a surprise that the Edinburgh based MSM do not have more scrutiny of the goings on of the Scottish Parliament, there have been some monumental fcku ups in recent years around the government in Holyrood. The default position is to blame the UK government, this is generally not challenged or clarified. Recently the decrepit state of Glasgow which has been run by the SNP for years was brought up in a interview with a senior politician, Maggie T was blamed 😁 The obvious question was the lady in question has been dead for a decade & not in power for over a generation & a half. It was not challenged. Andrew Neil would have had a field day.

Alistair20000

I listened to some of the questioning on the wireless this morning. Every time she started an answer with “So” I thought yes you are lying. Mr Beer KC was clearly unimpressed and an intervention from the Judge suggested he wasn’t buying it either. After the criticism in 2019 meted out to her by Mr Justice Fraser in the Bates litigation it beggars belief she carried on working for the Post Office for another year and then rocked up at Football Association of Wales.

How do these utterly useless individuals stay in well paid employment ? :mad:

She has probably pitched her replies to seek to avoid prosecution for contempt of court. In summary: “I missed the emails, I didn’t really understand what was going on, the technology was difficult to follow, others were involved. I am incompetent and useless.”

Mr Jinx

A lot of English liberals who have regularly cited SNP Scotland as an exemplar of stable progressive government in these islands will have a lot of egg on their faces when and if the grievance-mongering charlatans of the SNP get their final comeuppance.
Boris and cake however! 🤷‍♂️
If reports are to be believed, it could be Alex Salmon that has the last say. Surely not? If so, would schadenfreude ever be better encapsulated?!

Oldsmobile-88

If reports are to be believed, it could be Alex Salmon that has the last say. Surely not? If so, would schadenfreude ever be better encapsulated?!
Yep. Ash Regan who defected from the SNP to Alba last October could have the deciding vote. It’s very tight, the expected numbers at the moment would be a tie on the no confidence motion(assuming Ms Regan votes against the FM) Alex Salmond was full of it on a BBC Scotland interview a few hours ago.

If the no confidence motion in the FM is a tie, the presiding officer of parliament has the deciding vote, protocol dictates that vote will go to the incumbent.

Last edited:

Banksy

I listened to some of the questioning on the wireless this morning. Every time she started an answer with “So” I thought yes you are lying. Mr Beer KC was clearly unimpressed and an intervention from the Judge suggested he wasn’t buying it either. After the criticism in 2019 meted out to her by Mr Justice Fraser in the Bates litigation it beggars belief she carried on working for the Post Office for another year and then rocked up at Football Association of Wales.

How do these utterly useless individuals stay in well paid employment ? :mad:

She has probably pitched her replies to seek to avoid prosecution for contempt of court. In summary: “I missed the emails, I didn’t really understand what was going on, the technology was difficult to follow, others were involved. I am incompetent and useless.”
We had the same sort of characters in my old job , I guess most businesses have them.You always wondered how on Earth they ever got into the positions they held .Not what they knew but who I guess , life’s same old story. No matter how they cocked things up it didn’t seem to matter , somebody covered up for them.This one though has ruined a lot of folks lives in the process and I can only hope she gets her comeuppance and she’s made to pay for it.