• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
With any luck that should include RAF Harrowbeer. :p
The poor dears will be in tents if it happens.You perhaps unwittingly flag up the fact that there’s as much public anger about the use of military camps as there is about hotels.
I’m guessing it’ll be cheaper though. 🤷‍♂️

tavyred

Another lovely elephant trap for kieth and his wokesters.
It’s good politics.

arthur

It’s good politics.
That doesn’t mean it's a sensible thing to do!

tavyred

That doesn’t mean it's a sensible thing to do!
Knowing the U.K. we’ll always treat these people decently. That won’t stop the pro-immigration lobby from politicising the move of course. I haven’t checked Twitter yet but there will be Nazi concentration camps references already I’m sure. 🙄

Alistair20000

Sky News reporting that the Government is ready to announce that all migrants currently residing in hotels will be moved to military camps.
Good on you Suella and Rishi! 👍
Is this a way to get recruits for our undermanned armed forces ?

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Knowing the U.K. we’ll always treat these people decently.
Yes Tavy, you've been such a caring advocate for their wellbeing. Bless your fluffy cotton socks, and Jinxy's horsehair underpants.

Colesman Ballz

Yes Tavy, you've been such a caring advocate for their wellbeing. Bless your fluffy cotton socks, and Jinxy's horsehair underpants.
I think Jinxy needs to join Boris in some remedial classes to sort out his spelling ! 😎

Grecian2K

If Raab gets the heave-ho from the Commons as a result of the bullying claims he can, at least, get another job as an Ofsted inspector!

Rosencrantz

As Ali might say, oh dear.

Whatever you may think about the method, it doesn't show them in a particularly good light. I actually don't mind MP's having a second job, but these kind of consultancy jobs always look far too cosy and leaves questions in the air. Mostly, why do you think you are being paid an extortionate rate for not many hours? What's in it for the company?

Alistair20000

As Ali might say, oh dear.

Whatever you may think about the method, it doesn't show them in a particularly good light. I actually don't mind MP's having a second job, but these kind of consultancy jobs always look far too cosy and leaves questions in the air. Mostly, why do you think you are being paid an extortionate rate for not many hours? What's in it for the company?
Oh dear