• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
(apart from Ben Wallace who, I'll admit does she a relatively decent and principled chap
I know the woke lefties have difficulty in defining a woman but you also seem confused G2K 😂

She and chap are an odd mixture.

Are you on the substances ?

angelic upstart

Fiqe0WlXgAElzZ3.png
So here's the figures for Albanian refugees arriving to various countries and the acceptance rate of their asylum status.
Maybe this shows that there's more to the lazy and largely untrue theory that we provide the most benefits to asylum seekers.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
GB News just said the national anthem is being changed to Allah Save The King.

PS: this isn’t true, but you weren’t surprised they said that, were you?
Given they give the likes of this shyster a platform, absolutely not.

angelic upstart

'ere Egg, did you read the substack article? It's really, really strange and really mixed up.

I wonder what he thinks of the USA or Australia where foreign people arrived and didn't assimilate with the locals and then took over the country?

tavyred

View attachment 9680
So here's the figures for Albanian refugees arriving to various countries and the acceptance rate of their asylum status.
Maybe this shows that there's more to the lazy and largely untrue theory that we provide the most benefits to asylum seekers.
I think we’re seeing the results of the wholesale abuse of Theresa May’s modern slavery laws. We can’t really blame Albanians for this, it’s largely our own fault. We try to be a decent country and the criminals and chancers ruin it.
PS. I dread to think what this years figures will be.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I think we’re seeing the results of the wholesale abuse of Theresa May’s modern slavery laws. We can’t really blame Albanians for this, it’s largely our own fault. We try to be a decent country and the criminals and chancers ruin it.
PS. I dread to think what this years figures will be.
12 years of the party of Law and Order, immigration in the tens of thousands etc. Maybe it's time for a change, and to fund frontline services correctly. And yes, if that means taxes, sorry Al.

tavyred

12 years of the party of Law and Order, immigration in the tens of thousands etc. Maybe it's time for a change, and to fund frontline services correctly. And yes, if that means taxes, sorry Al.
Have some sympathy for a new broom sweeping clean with some new ideas Spanks, not seeing too much of a radical plan for government from Starmer though. I suspect ideas like the £1.7BN garnered from private schools will be swallowed up by Labour having a more ‘internationalist’ stance on foreign aid for example.
Whoever wins the next election needs a radical plan to fund our public services, I’m not seeing it from anyone yet.

angelic upstart

Have some sympathy for a new broom sweeping clean with some new ideas Spanks, not seeing too much of a radical plan for government from Starmer though. I suspect ideas like the £1.7BN garnered from private schools will be swallowed up by Labour having a more ‘internationalist’ stance on foreign aid for example.
Whoever wins the next election needs a radical plan to fund our public services, I’m not seeing it from anyone yet.
The Big two wont change a thing. We need real, long term change.

Grecian2K

Ian Blackford standing down* as SNP leader at Westminster.

*Or "ousted" depending on what source you read.

Alistair20000

Ian Blackford standing down* as SNP leader at Westminster.

*Or "ousted" depending on what source you read.
The preposterous kilted one will not be missed.