• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not the Lady Sainsbury who in the late 80's was found guilty of gerrymandering in her Council in London?
No that was Dame Tesco...Surly Porter.

tavyred

Something very satisfying watching O’Neill and her Shinners day of jubilee being scuppered by the DUP. 👍

arthur

Something very satisfying watching O’Neill and her Shinners day of jubilee being scuppered by the DUP. 👍
Why? I thought you believed in the Will of The People? The majority in NI clearly want an executive to be formed - isn't the DUP "disrespecting the result of the election" and "spitting in the faces of all those who voted in favour of keeping the Protocol"? God knows why anyone takes you seriously

DB9

No that was Dame Tesco...Surly Porter.
Knew it was some Lady Supermarket.

tavyred

Why? I thought you believed in the Will of The People? The majority in NI clearly want an executive to be formed - isn't the DUP "disrespecting the result of the election" and "spitting in the faces of all those who voted in favour of keeping the Protocol"? God knows why anyone takes you seriously
I’m not sure anybody does Art, it’s certainly not a priority of mine to be taken ‘seriously’ by you. Sorry.
In a NI context, the power sharing arrangements are dependent on the consent of both sides, so just as SF were happy to leave NI in a state of political limbo for two years, so goes the DUP now it would appear.
Let’s hope something gets thrashed out, it’s not looking good though.

Alistair20000

My reference was to interfering with the Boundaries Commission recommendations for Parliamentary seats.

arthur

My reference was to interfering with the Boundaries Commission recommendations for Parliamentary seats.
The boundary commission invited suggestions from political parties. The Labour Party got its act together better than the Conservatives. That is not interfering.

Had they not "interfered" you would have been in a constituency stretching from Hatherleigh to the Exe bridges iirc

Last edited:

older-codger

Another example of the ridiculous state of NI politics. Jeffrey Donaldson has stepped down from his seat at Stormont as he is keeping his seat at Westminster (he can't have both). This allows him to "appoint" an alternative to have his seat at Stormont and has chosen to appoint someone who failed to be elected.

Meanwhile he has decided that his party will prevent the election of the Speaker and so the Executive will not be functioning but the MLA's will still be paid their salaries that will not amuse the general population.

Rosencrantz

By elections are a chance to kick the governing party very hard in the gonads. It won’t just be Partygate that does for the Tories in Tiverton & Honiton assuming they do lose it.
I actually had a call from Survation about the By-election. They were bringing up more on farming than Partygate.

DB9

I actually had a call from Survation about the By-election. They were bringing up more on farming than Partygate.
About Tractors by any chance?