Politics Today

tavyred

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wonder what the police investigation cost? In these troubled times one feels whatever it was it could have been better spent. But what’s a bit more money down the drain to this lot? They all live on another planet.
It cost £500K apparently.
If you’re miffed about the cost look no further than London’s police and crime commissioner specifically and opposition politicians generally and indeed the MSM who thought this farce was worth all that money, time and effort.
Interesting to hear that the Met found the grey area surrounding what constitutes a workplace and a home a difficult thing to determine when it came to whether BJ and his Mrs warranted another FPN. I wonder if that might be the case when it comes to the Gray report.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you’re miffed about the cost look no further than London’s police and crime commissioner.
On the subject of police and crime commissioners, what is the point of them? What do they do?
Bearing in mind, many on the right suggest the police are very woke now, it's worth noting that nearly all of them are conservative.

lamrobhero

On the subject of police and crime commissioners, what is the point of them? What do they do?
Bearing in mind, many on the right suggest the police are very woke now, it's worth noting that nearly all of them are conservative.
In my opinion the creation of police and crime commissioners was another step in the undermining of local councils. Its also part of the individual superhero leader narrative.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Compared to what was spunked on Covid in total, probably not even a spit in the ocean.

And before you blame that on the Tories, its opposition parties would've had us locked down much harder and for way longer. Even more would've been spunked.
Dont forget its the Tories, who were too slow to lockdown resulting in thousands of excess deaths , spent billions on useless track and trace system and gave contracts to their cronies. In addition the government's failure to protect elderly and vulnerable residents inside care homes is the single biggest scandal of covid.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Well, we could start with proportional representation, which beyond any doubt is the most democratic way to reflect voters' views.
I blame the Lib-Dems for agreeing to a rushed referendum on AV, this is the single biggest mistake in British politics in a generation.

The Liberals should have insisted on legislation for PR being introduced at the next GE in return for their support
for the Coalition govt.

tavyred

Well-known Exeweb poster
Although in the cases of London and Durham they’re both Labour. I’ll leave you to speculate as to why one was happy to weigh into the debate around partygate and the other has largely kept out of the alleged beergate scandal.

DB9

Although in the cases of London and Durham they’re both Labour. I’ll leave you to speculate as to why one was happy to weigh into the debate around partygate and the other has largely kept out of the alleged beergate scandal.
Nothing to speculate, I'd imagine as London Mayor and PCC (Why both I'm not sure) he'd been asked by journos on numerous occasions for his view ?

Alistair20000

I blame the Lib-Dems for agreeing to a rushed referendum on AV, this is the single biggest mistake in British politics in a generation.

The Liberals should have insisted on legislation for PR being introduced at the next GE in return for their support
for the Coalition govt.
The Conservatives were not prepared to offer that Suzi. Had they not joined the Coalition I think Call Me Dave would have formed a minority government looking for an early further GE later in the year as happened in 1974.