• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
All within the rules DB9 (seeing as you're so keen on not having them broken).
Not a Lord in the HoC's as Al says.

Mr Jinx

Not a Lord in the HoC's as Al says.
Yes, of course he'd need to stand that down.

DB9

I thought all that got debunked after that massive anti-Establishment initiative you might recall called Brexit got spearheaded by two of the most copper-bottomed toffs you could ever meet - JRM and Boris Johnson.

Besides, who else you going to vote for? A party led by a Sir?
Yep, Those "Anti Establishment" toffs. A Sir who came from pretty humble beginnings and worked his way up, Seems just the kind of leader I'd want rather than one born with a silver spoon in his mouth thinking he's got a god given right to rule.

DB9

Yes, of course he'd need to stand that down.
So he'd have to stand down, Which I knew, So LORD Frost can't stand for election unless this lot tried to change the rules, Which they've tried very recently on the Paterson issue.

tavyred

Starmer refuses to answer on three occasions a question about whether Durham Constabulary have contracted him. Strange reaction, why not just say no?
BTW art, that interview was on BBC R4 this morning and not part of my fevered imagination. 😜

tavyred

Starmer refuses to answer on three occasions a question about whether Durham Constabulary have contracted him. Strange reaction, why not just say no?
BTW art, that interview was on BBC R4 this morning and not part of my fevered imagination. 😜
….for contracted read contacted. 👍

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
….for contracted read contacted. 👍
Police investigate, No issues found, no fines etc. Why are question's being asked. Ahh yes because the Tory party want them asked by there mouthpieces in an increasingly desperate attempt to take heat off of Johnson and the Tories.

angelic upstart

In major political / judicial news from the other side of the pond the now conservative dominated Supreme Court seems to have decided to strike down Roe v Wade by majority decision:

To say the least this will cause an absolute shitstorm - what a way to further polarise an already deeply divided society.
Very peculiar, that the US are going almost backwards in bringing the church back to the state.

As you say, this won't be pretty and will further polarise. I can't see it happening here to the same degree, simply as we're so much further on in our secularism

tavyred

Police investigate, No issues found, no fines etc. Why are question's being asked. Ahh yes because the Tory party want them asked by there mouthpieces in an increasingly desperate attempt to take heat off of Johnson and the Tories.
BBC R4 and Sky News, Tory mouthpieces? 🤣

arthur

Besides, who else you going to vote for? A party led by a Sir?
A Sir received for public service. But then public service is a dirty word in Jinxworld