• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Corbyn has been an obstacle to NO BREXIT. The man has some good policies, better than the Tories, but he is such an unlikeable person, and that matters.

DB9

CCR or Moral duty and resign? I'm a believer if something as important as this and you don't agree then resign if you're bounded by CCR or did he think he can change things from the inside? I know spreadsheet did resign but that was before he was pushed

IndoMike

The Borisse Telegraph stringing people along with their poll... No surprise, of course. They're desperate to leave : must be their love of the people : can't be some kind of vested interests.

Alistair20000

Just so that this very important news is not missed, Sarah Wollaston has followed Chuka and joined the Lib Dems.

Not many left for Sourberry to lead in Change or whatever they call themselves these days.

Wollaston says her constituents are scared of the Tory shift to the right. Hardly consistent with all the new spending announcements. Are you going to submit yourself to a by election Sarah ? You were not elected because you are Sarah Wollaston let alone that you are now a Lib Dem. As you prate on about your principles I think you should. You might even win.

Mr Jinx

Just so that this very important news is not missed, Sarah Wollaston has followed Chuka and joined the Lib Dems.

Not many left for Sourberry to lead in Change or whatever they call themselves these days.

Wollaston says her constituents are scared of the Tory shift to the right. Hardly consistent with all the new spending announcements. Are you going to submit yourself to a by election Sarah ? You were not elected because you are Sarah Wollaston let alone that you are now a Lib Dem. As you prate on about your principles I think you should. You might even win.
She's just trying to save her arse knowing that she'd never get re-elected as an independent or part of some tin-pot party. As a LibDemmer, at she stands a chance.

Alistair20000

She's just trying to save her arse knowing that she'd never get re-elected as an independent or part of some tin-pot party. As a LibDemmer, at she stands a chance.
Indeed.

I have also read that at the hustings in the 2017 GE she said she would respect the result of the referendum and was against a second referendum. I think Change was the right party for her.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I have read that at the hustings in the 2017 GE she said she would respect the result of the referendum and was against a second referendum. I think Change was the right party for her.
Heidi Allen said the same (and on camera too).

Avening Posse

Not sure why spreadsheet Phil is getting a bad press on here, he voted for Brexit and supported the withdrawal agreement, which a lot of moderate conservatives were also in favour of, and wanted it to happen. All he is doing is reiterating that the withdrawal agreement is infinitely safer than no deal. But I guess sticking to your principles is a bit old fashioned in this day and age. I am one of the many who voted leave but only just. I wanted and expected something orderly. Clearly that is out of the window now. Sick to death of Brexit now, and cannot stand Boris Johnson, I am now hoping Boris fails miserably and ends up out of politics so I don"t have to listen to his rubbish again. At least that would be some kind of positive out of this whole sorry affair

Alistair20000

Heidi Allen said the same (and on camera too).
Yes, another hypocrite but not unexpected from the sub species that calls itself "politicians." In the main a loathsome breed.

Mr Jinx

Not sure why spreadsheet Phil is getting a bad press on here
Please take some time and list me his greatest achievements as Chancellor.