• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

NOW EVEN THE MAIL TURNS ON BO-JO (AGAIN)

We should expect a leadership challenge very shortly,,,,

Last edited:

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

"The one thing I can say for Boris, and it's the same thing for Trump, is that what you see is what you get. He's an empathy-free narcissist for all the world to see. We knew all he ever wanted was to be PM and chose the Brexit line as he thought it was the best way of achieving that aim even if it put Britain in the mire. We knew he'd be incompetent and rather two-faced. We knew he'd fail, and then fail to take responsibility. We knew he's always believed in one rule for him, one rule for the rest of us. And still millions of the latter trotted off to vote for him. It's not like he let anyone down. But the fault is not in our stars, but in ourselves."
Quoted from Jonhnnybi

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
“I can tell you categorically, categorically, that nobody told me…”

- Boris is a joke

The Duke of York has "categorically" denied having any sexual contact with an American woman…
Is there more than one definition of "categorically" - Boris hopes and also hopes his non-independant civil servant investigator uses same definition.
Why aren't the Met Police involved ?
Maybe it's time for Durham Dominic to return as chief investigator as I'm sure he knows where all the skeletons are buried (if his sight is OK of course)?

Boris please do the honest think and thank your lucky stars that our Queen hasn't locked you up in the Tower for not controlling your traitorous staff.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bunter’s lame ass explanation/excuse is that nobody told him the Downing Street jolly was against the rules.

This beggars belief. Apart from this probably being another whopper let’s assume it was not. With that in mind:

Firstly we are all required to know what the law is in a broad sense. Try Bunter’s explanation if you are ever up before the beak. You won’t get very far at all.

The restrictions were supposed to be an absolute public health emergency requirement. They were explained ad nauseum. It was as plain as a pikestaff that this “gathering” broke the rules. Was he really so stupid or intellectually idle not to understand that ?

His government wrote these rules which imposed massive restrictions on our civil liberties and they were regularly explained at his pressers with Glum and Glummer. Seems he was not concentrating on the “next slide” and blood chilling charts. He ought to have been aware of what these rules stipulated. The bulk of the Great Unwashed understood.

Pathetic :mad:

Alistair20000

And before the usual suspects pile in, no I haven't got over Brexit. It was a remarkably stupid thing for this country to have done......
My dear art. I am really worried about you and all this angst over Brexit. No point beating yourself up over something you cannot change. All this worrying and hand wringing is exhausting. You need to relax bro’

The trouble with us lefties is that we like to look backwards to imagined idyllic times rather than forward.

I will send you my support pack:

“How the most ardent Remainers cope with Brexit”

Alistair20000

The Duke of York has "categorically" denied having any sexual contact with an American woman…
Not a bad defence. It worked for that old rascal Bill Clinton.

DB9

Cost of living rises by 5.4% in the last 12 months, My good lady received this week a 1% pay rise......Of course she's eternally grateful 🙄🙂

tavyred

This is what I have been saying for years. Which is why it is fundamentally wrong to term this an informed democratic decision to leave the EU.

The fact that future generations' life chances and opportunities are decided by how much people wanted to kick Cameron and Osborne on one day in 2016 shows this to be an utterly undemocratic way to make a decision.
Your take on the advantages of EU membership are yours alone, another part of the Brexit issue was the fact that folks like you were preaching to others about those advantages and despite that millions make the quite reasonable (and informed) decision that EU membership to them made no tangible difference to their lives, so why not give the Tory austerity boys an almighty headache by voting out.
We’ve argued the toss on how democratic a wholly democratic referendum is many times, so I’ve nothing to add on that.

tavyred

....but not "on his own"
If you say that BJ was the deciding factor, by definition he swayed it “on his own”.

tavyred

In what way were the EU unhelpful prior to the vote? Legit question, I have no memory of it. Not a surprise as I had a sleepless one year old to deal with at the time.
I think the EU and it’s constituent nations were under the impression that the U.K. would never hit the nuclear button and leave. That mindset IMO meant they were less than accommodating to CMD when he traipsed around Europe looking for concessions and desperately warning them that those ‘nutters’ at home could vote the wrong way as far as they were concerned. In typical EU fashion there was an arrogant obsession with a rules based system and certain characters were happy to stand next to our PM and warn the British people about the consequences of Brexit, attitudes like that were always going to go down with the British public like a lead balloon. Careers in Brussels were built on Europeans waving the finger at the troublesome Brits, 2016 was not the time to carry on with that behaviour IMO.
It’s not talked about enough but the EU’s supine response to the threat of the U.K. leaving was a geopolitical feck up that they’ve not even to begun to see the effects of yet. Not forgetting of course the loss of the 2nd largest contributor to their budget.