• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Let's see what Boris's view of it is, Hancock will probably get a promotion.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we were a few months down the line I'd suggest Johnson had leaked the photos, but I think we're a bit too early in the process to pin everything on Hancock. Get rid of him now and he won't be able to take the fall for future mistakes.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
As an aside, I find it interesting that the famously left-wing and anti-govermment BBC don't seem to be reporting on Hancock's half hour. In fact, they've even left the front page of the Sun, on which the story appears, out of their newspaper roundup.

DB9

As an aside, I find it interesting that the famously left-wing and anti-govermment BBC don't seem to be reporting on Hancock's half hour. In fact, they've even left the front page of the Sun, on which the story appears, out of their newspaper roundup.
I heard on GMB there something legal going on and they couldn't show the paper or mention the story?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like Matt Hancock has been caught dipping his wick. I’ve defended that chap for months, can’t defend this. If you’re a Minister tasked with guiding the country through the biggest crisis since WW2 you don’t find time for a bit of ‘extra curricular’ I’m afraid.
Got to go.
Although there'd be a certain irony in Bunter sacking somebody for that particular offence.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I heard on GMB there something legal going on and they couldn't show the paper or mention the story?
Not sure about that, but Sky have been discussing it and asked Grant Shapps about it this morning.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
In fairness, the story is now on the BBC site.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Although there'd be a certain irony in Bunter sacking somebody for that particular offence.
Based on Shapps' comments on Sky, the party line is that there's a separation between public and private life. Of course one would think that Hancock carrying on this way in his ministerial offices, where social distancing is in place, ought to blur the lines a bit.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Honestly, if nothing else Hancock should be fired for not knowing where the security cameras are in his office. That in itself betrays a glaring incompetency in all things. For all his faults, even Johnson has never has his infidelity caught on camera.

Mr Jinx

This time next week we'll know how Batley has panned out.

In the last 30 mins, Labour have gone from 3/1 to 4/1 (they were 2/1 a week ago). Workers Party have just gone from 16/1 to 12/1. Tories solid at 1/3.

Galloway even reckons Labour will come 3rd.

Not looking good for Kier.