• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Must have been a bloody big shock and a possible £5k fine too!
He said that matey knocked on the side of the van when they stopped and was stood there waving when he opened the door. He then very quickly closed the door!

I did wonder about whether they could be in trouble but the police didn't seem to say anything when they carted the chap off.

DB9

He said that matey knocked on the side of the van when they stopped and was stood there waving when he opened the door. He then very quickly closed the door!

I did wonder about whether they could be in trouble but the police didn't seem to say anything when they carted the chap off.
What a weird encounter for them, I guess that the Police questioned them and worked out that they weren't international people smugglers just tourists coming home, I'd imagine an all to common happening around the port areas of the UK.

Oldsmobile-88

Friends of mine came back from France at the weekend and found a Sudanese chap in the back of their van upon getting home. It wasn't the welcome they'd hoped for.

This was despite them going through two security checks before getting on the ferry.
Fortress UK. 😁

Hope they charged the migrant a bit of petrol money 😎.
Joking aside,that is pretty scary that someone could stow away like that undiscovered in your vehicle.

elginCity

What with that great big moat all around Brexit Britannia - who’s taking control of the border to stop these swarms of migrants ?

I just don’t know who to blame any more - where to point the finger - wonder what our Nige thinks of it all.

Grecian2K

What with that great big moat all around Brexit Britannia
Which one?
The River Tavy?? :p

DB9

I hope all those that voted for the WA read the fine print because this sounds like IDS didn't bother to when we had this "Oven Ready Deal" ?

If correct you can't blame the EU because two sides have to agree.

Grecian2K

I hope all those that voted for the WA read the fine print because this sounds like IDS didn't bother to when we had this "Oven Ready Deal" ?

If correct you can't blame the EU because two sides have to agree.
Are you really surprised DB?
Let's face it, if IDS and Failing Grayling had ever entered an IQ competition it would have been the most guaranteed no-score draw ever!

DB9

Are you really surprised DB?
Let's face it, if IDS and Failing Grayling had ever entered an IQ competition it would have been the most guaranteed no-score draw ever!
I'm not really. I have always said that i respected the 2016 result and still do 100% (Even though i voted remain), It was the implementaion of the result that i knew would be a bother. There will be lots of blame for the EU i'm sure about that but TWO sides have to agree to make an agreement, As O'Brien they got rid of the Tories who wanted to go into detail of the WA just to rush things through and if what IDS has tweeted turns out to be true then "Taking back Control" and being free of the EU looks like it could more difficult than first thought.

elginCity

.........I have always said that i respected the 2016 result and still do 100% (Even though i voted remain)........
With all the lies - disinformation - misinformation - unlawful campaigning - foreign interference - incompetence - cronyism - nepotism - spaffing etc etc

As JOB said in that clip - "How do you stay loyal to the cause ?"

17.4 million + gawd knows how many Remainers like you DB respecting 'democracy' sic - there really is no hope left. 😞

DB9

With all the lies - disinformation - misinformation - unlawful campaigning - foreign interference - incompetence - cronyism - nepotism - spaffing etc etc

As JOB said in that clip - "How do you stay loyal to the cause ?"

17.4 million + gawd knows how many Remainers like you DB respecting 'democracy' sic - there really is no hope left. 😞
I have to Elgin, The result on that was to vote leave, I voted remain and lost, I have to accept that. I still haven't seen a law abiding ruling that the referendum was ilegal in any form, The campaign was awful on both sides but in the beginning of it i thought and thought and wanted to remain and there was no "Smoking Gun" to change my mind, I lost and was really peeved off, Just like in every election since 2010 but i have to get on with it and deal with it the best i can.

Once the 2016 vote was overwith i had no power to change it even if i wanted to, It was up to the HOC's but they were so divided, No one could ever win over the other side and you have to admit we were a total embarrassment to the rest of the EU/world for over three years. Now that has been sorted, Even though up and until 31st Jan the leavers were trying to convince people there was a remain plot, Which was total bollox due to the numbers after the Dec GE. Now we have past the point where asking for an extension could have been an option, We have to deal with what we got, It isn't going to change. I'm genuinely sorry you don't like what i said and you feel there is no hope Elgin, But for better or worse we live in a free democracy and i truely believe in that democracy even though it stinks sometimes.