• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have you asked the Costa Ricans the same question?
Cannot say I have art. My Spanish is not too hot.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
How can you be sure about that ?
I'm really clever

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was probably saying, don't get so hung up on the hardware, Stuffers, consider the strategy and direction of travel...

“Let me reaffirm clearly the support of this administration for European unity. We consider a strong and united Europe not a rival, but a partner.” – President Ronald Reagan, 1982
Hmm, "We consider a strong and united Europe not a rival, but a partner." (y)

I believe the song goes: "it's all good pals and jolly good company......................oh! :unsure: ;)

Elgy me old friend, just who are the countries the EU supports in this illegal enterprise?

elginCity

Elgy me old friend, just who are the countries the EU supports in this illegal enterprise?
4 EU countries, Stuffers, including the UK. A long running tit-for-tat plane maker spat is just one of many bumps in the road ahead, my friend.

For balance, you really ought to mention the $5 billion of illegal subsidies that Boeing benefited from between 89-06 ?

arthur

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/08/uk-health-watchdog-may-investigate-coronavirus-deaths

This article seems to think there might even be criminal investigations : sending employees into an environment known to be extremely dangerous without sufficient protection is apparently a criminal offence
My feeling is "the chancers and imposters in power" as you put it might struggle to get through 5 years. To be honest, would they want to? .
This is the most recent Indo post I can find on this thread. It's from nearly a week ago. Is this exile/vow of silence self imposed? I think we should be told...

elginCity

This is the most recent Indo post I can find on this thread. It's from nearly a week ago. Is this exile/vow of silence self imposed? I think we should be told...
Recently a few piled in on him, buying drinks all round or something, resulted in a self-imposed exile, I think. :eek:

Noticed a lot of people took issue with the style, but very few with the content, generally speaking.

Alistair20000

He apparently visited these boards at 10:09 today.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Recently a few piled in on him, buying drinks all round or something, resulted in a self-imposed exile, I think. :eek:

Noticed a lot of people took issue with the style, but very few with the content, generally speaking.
Or people did disagree with the content but just didn't want their head bitten off in saying so.

arthur

He apparently visited these boards at 10:09 today.
Fridays just aren't the same anymore.....

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
4 EU countries, Stuffers, including the UK. A long running tit-for-tat plane maker spat is just one of many bumps in the road ahead, my friend.

For balance, you really ought to mention the $5 billion of illegal subsidies that Boeing benefited from between 89-06 ?
I think you will find that EADS/Airbus' actual stock is wholly owned by France & Germany. BAE simply own 20% of Airbus 'UK'. As a mere contractor who mostly churns out aircraft wings, I imagine BAE's miserly 20% of a UK based company carries little or no weight when the EU/EADs bean counting is in full swing.