• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
It is a perfectly sensible thing to debate. Does not need to be as fight. When the government said "we will do everything it takes" it was grandstanding. If your economy is fooked there is nothing or less to do the taking with.
Yes, Ali, more or less I implied that it was not abnormal for the topic to be discussed and in fact was being discussed in the White House, no less..
My point was intended to be more that the Telegraph was stirring up doubts about disunity in the Cabinet and since Johnson was/is their man they were kinda saying that if Johnson is not around there is disharmony.
Just a thought: maybe I'm reading too much into it

IndoMike

What goes down will ultimately go up Al.
Didn't happen to Sunderland. FC

IndoMike

Jesus Christ ! I hope this is wrong!

IndoMike

Starmer getting to grips with any anti-Semitism within the Labour Party. Jewish leaders say he has done more in 4 days than Corbyn in 5 years.
But, I do hope that Labour will continue to press Israel on their illegal settlements and on their ghetto-isation of Palestine .

geoffwp

Jesus Christ ! I hope this is wrong!
There are many doom mongers out there. Just live in the moment, not in those unproven possible futures.

Alistair20000

Starmer getting to grips with any anti-Semitism within the Labour Party. Jewish leaders say he has done more in 4 days than Corbyn in 5 years.
But, I do hope that Labour will continue to press Israel on their illegal settlements and on their ghetto-isation of Palestine .
Swift action up in Derbyshire too by the local Labour party to boot out a mayor who made wholly inappropriate comments relating to Boris Johnson and his illness. Hopefully the cleansing will continue.

Reactions: DB9

geoffwp

That I do agree with you on. It is most definitely NOT anti Semitic to criticise Israeli foreign policy even if there are those who argue that the issue of Palestine and land is a biblical one. That is far too often a convenient way to mute criticism.

IndoMike

I'm sorry, but I have to have a go at Hancock again. He says the virus tests are not reliable and is asking other companies to help out. So why did he say a few days ago that we would be testing 100,000 people a day by the end of April? At best he is making promises that he can't keep. At worst he is stringing us along and has no idea how to procure what we need.
It is now 3 months since we knew about the virus

Alistair20000

I'm sorry, but I have to have a go at Hancock again. He says the virus tests are not reliable and is asking other companies to help out. So why did he say a few days ago that we would be testing 100,000 people a day by the end of April? At best he is making promises that he can't keep. At worst he is stringing us along and has no idea how to procure what we need.
It is now 3 months since we knew about the virus
I thought we had bought a load from China very recently that proved to be not fit for purpose. Did the Chinese mislead yet again ?

IndoMike

For those that support severe tariffs on Chinese goods, here is an alternative, slightly alarming perspective which stresses that it is vital that world trade is quickly resumed and maintained, especially trade between the US and China.
I'm just sharing the article : I am not the writer of the article nor does it necessarily reflect my views.