• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Tickets (H)

C j phill

Players always have had complimentary tickets!! I would imagine it would have irritated the hell out of a player if he thought you got a ticket instead of his wife and children!!
I suppose it depends who you'd want to upset more, a player who might only be at the Club for a couple of seasons at best, or a supporter who may come to games for years.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I suppose it depends who you'd want to upset more, a player who might only be at the Club for a couple of seasons at best, or a supporter who may come to games for years.
Complimentary players tickets are a (usually) reciprocal arrangement between clubs.
The issuing club doesn't expect payment for them and they have to be recorded as such in ticket returns.
They are not, at any point in the process, 'for sell' tickets.

Colesman Ballz

Things are never black and white though. Iirc Average Joe told us that he is a Bristol City Season Ticket holder, so go figure that one out ? :unsure:

Red red

Got given comps at our recent visit to Fleetwood by a Fleetwood player who knew a friend and sat with other family members goes on all the time and I am sure City allocate so many seats to players friends and family and dont take from regular supporters

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Complimentary players tickets are a (usually) reciprocal arrangement between clubs.
The issuing club doesn't expect payment for them and they have to be recorded as such in ticket returns.
They are not, at any point in the process, 'for sell' tickets.
Fewer such reciprocal arrangements these days, I think?

Steve Perryman and others used to give away any spare comps at away games if you wqere there when the team arrived, does that still happen? I remember at the Rotherham game that was rearranged (was that really a decade ago? it was), we were offered tickets but we all already had them from the first postponed game, when the coach pulled off the M5 and turned back after it was called off.

Spoonz Red E

Fewer such reciprocal arrangements these days, I think?

Steve Perryman and others used to give away any spare comps at away games if you wqere there when the team arrived, does that still happen? I remember at the Rotherham game that was rearranged (was that really a decade ago? it was), we were offered tickets but we all already had them from the first postponed game, when the coach pulled off the M5 and turned back after it was called off.
Fewer yes.

Although still the vast majority arrangement.

Spoonz Red E

Clubs commonly offer 30 tickets each way for League games.

Cup games are a different beast as they are often one offs but the gate is shared so the impact of comps is also shared.
A cup game against a big club would probably up the number.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Average Joe

that was very fast selling out, selected my two and got to checkout and it said unavailable :)

OmanGrecian

I have one Stagecoach Block B ticket available if anyone wants it. Face Value of course