• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Reaction to Grecian Reaction

RobG

From Pasoti, which i cant reply to:

"Any notion of solidarity amongst football fans has taken a battering with the Grecian reaction to our plight on Exeweb (a site which I had the pleasure of viewing for the first ever time this morning). As far as I can remember, no Argyle fans were happy to see Exeter struggle. On the contrary, I was delighted when they were promoted back to the league. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure we forwent the fees for some players we loaned them because of their problems? Hardly us "rubbing it in" at the time of their plight."

They are so blind!!! They honestly dont remember the b*ll*cks we took! from their fans?! They actually think they were only nice?!? I am sure a lot of them did feel for us but im so ****** off with Plymouth fans moaning about how we love them getting in the sh*t!

We were in the sh*t and an amount of them gave us complete sh*te! Now they are in it DEEP! and some of our fans are giving them sh*te! So what!? They were not angels!!!

They say its all in our head and we are infatuated but what would they think if we all turned up on their last game to watch them go down!? YES Plymouth fans reading this! Your fans came to SJP just to cheer us going down!!!

Their fans need to grow up and realise that some of their fans may have cared when we went down but then again some of ours care now! Its a mixed bag.

You are not all angels! And some of our fans dont want you to go down btw!

Dont give it out then moan when SOME of our fans give it back!

Last edited:

Willy Nilly

They should try sitting in the away end of their ground one week so they can witness the amoebas that inhabit their beloved Zoo Corner'. Or maybe they should have been in the car park after the JPT game? Mind you, they'd have only experienced trouble if they were OAPs, kids, or women.

A nasty club. Cheerio.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Well said. There was hardly an outpouring of grief from Cornwall when we almost went to the wall in 2003.

I don't want the GAWS to go bankrupt. I would love for them to slide down into Conf South, but NOT to be there as "AFC Plym**th". However, I will certainly be celebrating if they go down this season, more so if it is us that sends them down.

MarkBB

Would like to see the relegated but wouldn't want them to go out of business. I would of liked it more if they went down without the 10 point deduction.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would love for them to slide down into Conf South, but NOT to be there as "AFC Plym**th".
Conference is far enough Shirley Jase ?

Local derby, Forest Green, opening fixture, away to Gateshead, Boxing Day, away to Barrow, New Years Day, away to Fleetwood, biggest gate, home to AFC as the travelling Wombles outnumber Scummers then the Darlo away game when they find out they haven't even got the best ground in the Tinpot League.

davecg

For genuine Argyle fans, those that pay out for season tickets, take their family to games, are trying to establish a trust and will be supporting the club next season in whatever capacity and league it finds itself in, I sympathise with. Plymouth Argyle Football CLub is more than just zoo corner and a few trolls on banter base, it is at the heart of its community and it seems odd that after waiting so long for the return of THE Devon Derby some are now happy to see Argyle close.

However..... for some, you have to take what you give and there were plenty of Argyle fans happy to see our demise to the Conference and possible financial ruin. If Sympathy is what youre after I would suggest not looking at Exeweb.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Conference is far enough Shirley Jase ?

Local derby, Forest Green, opening fixture, away to Gateshead, Boxing Day, away to Barrow, New Years Day, away to Fleetwood, biggest gate, home to AFC as the travelling Wombles outnumber Scummers then the Darlo away game when they find out they haven't even got the best ground in the Tinpot League.
No, until they have to visit Hampton & Richmond's lovely cosy little Beveree, they haven't lived.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would like to see the relegated but wouldn't want them to go out of business. I would of liked it more if they went down without the 10 point deduction.
Exactly, although as long as we remain the amount of points ahead of them, as we are now or more then at least it shows we did better than them. Also hopefully at the end of the season, if you add the ten points back on, it would still have them in relegation, then they deserve to be in League 2.

Incontinentia

"As far as I can remember, no Argyle fans were happy to see Exeter struggle. On the contrary, I was delighted when they were promoted back to the league."

Classic case of somebody taking their own (possibly genuine) reaction and projecting it onto everyone else. Fair enough to the bloke if he genuinely likes to see all the local teams to do well - I respect that position. But he's utterly delusional if he thinks it's a common view amongst fans of local rivals.

Personally, I'd like to see them suffer some more (perhaps Bunter Kee will bounce one in off his belly against them on Boxing Day to leave them rock bottom of the 92?) but would be sad to think the next game will be our last ever against them, and wouldn't be laughing half as hard if I really thought it was.

From Pasoti, which i cant reply to:

"Any notion of solidarity amongst football fans has taken a battering with the Grecian reaction to our plight on Exeweb (a site which I had the pleasure of viewing for the first ever time this morning). As far as I can remember, no Argyle fans were happy to see Exeter struggle. On the contrary, I was delighted when they were promoted back to the league. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure we forwent the fees for some players we loaned them because of their problems? Hardly us "rubbing it in" at the time of their plight."

They are so blind!!! They honestly dont remember the b*ll*cks we took! from their fans?! They actually think they were only nice?!? I am sure a lot of them did feel for us but im so ****** off with Plymouth fans moaning about how we love them getting in the sh*t!

We were in the sh*t and an amount of them gave us complete sh*te! Now they are in it DEEP! and some of our fans are giving them sh*te! So what!? They were not angels!!!

They say its all in our head and we are infatuated but what would they think if we all turned up on their last game to watch them go down!? YES Plymouth fans reading this! Your fans came to SJP just to cheer us going down!!!

Their fans need to grow up and realise that some of their fans may have cared when we went down but then again some of ours care now! Its a mixed bag.

You are not all angels! And some of our fans dont want you to go down btw!

Dont give it out then moan when SOME of our fans give it back!
You have some exceptional points in there. It is a shame that the Argyle fan is thinking this way. If only he knew the truth about how their fans used to come to SJP to rub it in.