• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Agent Andy

I suspect that at some point this season, Lee will replace Blackman who will be released at the end of the season with Lee taking over next season as first choice.
Don’t be stupid , Lee will go national league for the season next year and then probably move on .
Jamel is a good keeper for this level but he is not a patch on Dawson , mobility, communication, distribution, Dawson has it all . But at this precise moment he’s got less minutes in league one than Lee has managed this season 🤷🏻‍♂️

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wouldn't be surprised to see Dawson at another Yorkshire club in January either on loan or permanent.

Blackman although appears impressive with his size does appear less mobile than some, he has done well for us on several occasions but also has not been as quick as one would have hoped on others. Good league one keeper which is not what I thought we signed originally with his history.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who would (because I’m genuinely interested)?
Woodman
Pidgeley
Hamon
Evans
2003 Miller

denzel

Replace very good with bang average for League 1 and it’s about right. He’s not terrible, but he wouldn’t make it into my top 5 city keepers I don’t think.
I'll take bang average for league one.

jimmy

Woodman
Pidgeley
Hamon
Evans
2003 Miller
You missed out Ricey!!

ecfcgraham

Don’t be stupid , Lee will go national league for the season next year and then probably move on .
Jamel is a good keeper for this level but he is not a patch on Dawson , mobility, communication, distribution, Dawson has it all . But at this precise moment he’s got less minutes in league one than Lee has managed this season 🤷🏻‍♂️
Find it odd that Dawson doesn’t start for Wednesday and I think a lot of Owls fans are confused by this too. They brought in Stockdale (obviously for his experience) which attracted a lot of criticism and still is. Hopefully Dawson gets his chance soon.

As for Blackman - I haven’t been overally impressed but willing to give the lad time. He did look awfully slow off his line at times especially for the 4th goal. If you look - Hardie’s just about to get inside the box and Blackman’s barely made it outside the 6 yard box. If he lacks pace as a GK then he needs to alter his starting position (higher up).

Despite being considered fit to play on Monday night, maybe the knock at Derby has taken the wind out of his sails a bit. Head injuries are never nice. Hopefully his performances will improve as the season progresses.B1E96B4A-F81A-455A-95E4-399369579C89.png

suffolklad

Find it odd that Dawson doesn’t start for Wednesday and I think a lot of Owls fans are confused by this too. They brought in Stockdale (obviously for his experience) which attracted a lot of criticism and still is. Hopefully Dawson gets his chance soon.

As for Blackman - I haven’t been overally impressed but willing to give the lad time. He did look awfully slow off his line at times especially for the 4th goal. If you look - Hardie’s just about to get inside the box and Blackman’s barely made it outside the 6 yard box. If he lacks pace as a GK then he needs to alter his starting position (higher up).

Despite being considered fit to play on Monday night, maybe the knock at Derby has taken the wind out of his sails a bit. Head injuries are never nice. Hopefully his performances will improve as the season progresses.View attachment 9554

suffolklad

Despite being considered fit to play on Monday night, maybe the knock at Derby has taken the wind out of his sails a bit. Head injuries are never nice. Hopefully his performances will improve as the season progresses.View attachment 9554
This is somewhat false as Jamal has to expect the defenders to take care of Hardie its only when he breaks through can you expect him to move. I think he does quite well to get where he is. Also any sooner and exposed to the chip over his head.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think there is some really harsh criticism of Blackman on this thread. Whilst Dawson was brilliant for us, I can't think of anything Blackman has really done wrong?

As for those saying he's an average league 1 keeper... that's fine, because we're an average league 1 side.

fred binneys head

Blackman is also playing in League 1, Dawson isn’t.