• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's 6 foot 7. I'm a goalkeeper and was in the YTS when I was younger and I will be his hardest critic. A man his size has to be saving 35 yard shots. Simple as that.
Well for someone who should understand what he is talking about you are talking out of your arse. I don't know whether you were at the game or not. If you were at the game, I'll give you the benefit of doubt and suggest you watch what we saw on the TV. If you saw it on TV then there is a replay that shows as clear as day that any one of five City players should have shut the ball down and Blackman didn't see it until when past a solid wall of players in between the spot and the edge of the box. The lad hit as clean as he could have ever wished for and it flew.

arthur

Well for someone who should understand what he is talking about you are talking out of your arse. I don't know whether you were at the game or not. If you were at the game, I'll give you the benefit of doubt and suggest you watch what we saw on the TV. If you saw it on TV then there is a replay that shows as clear as day that any one of five City players should have shut the ball down and Blackman didn't see it until when past a solid wall of players in between the spot and the edge of the box. The lad hit as clean as he could have ever wished for and it flew.
Collins at least tried https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12735380/bali-mumbas-marvellous-strike-for-plymouth

arthur

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nombe and Stansfield were both excellent, Jay being our clear MoM for me.

Antony Moxey

unless we had an olympic sprinter of a defender nobody was going to get there in time.
He didn’t need to. If the attacker sees one or two players banzaiing out towards him he’s not going to be as composed picking his spot like he did and is more likely to rush his shot. You see it enough times when a keeper panics and hoofs it into the crowd when a striker’s charging in on him so why wouldn’t it be the same the other way round?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Good performance from City I thought they played well , young Stansfields 2 assists was both superb I loved his attitude and effort he’s a real talent , Archie Collins & Kite in midfield , Key at right back , Nombe up top city have some real quality young performers and will be absolutely fine in terms of league 1 this season and can match a lot of sides going forwards , at the back there a bit open hence why it’s more likely to be mid table than playoffs

Argyle look a decent side to be fair to them sadly and look like serious promotion challengers , I think we marched them for large parts you always felt the would score even when we was ahead

HarryECFC

Blackman not at fault for any of the goals. I
He didn’t need to. If the attacker sees one or two players banzaiing out towards him he’s not going to be as composed picking his spot like he did and is more likely to rush his shot. You see it enough times when a keeper panics and hoofs it into the crowd when a striker’s charging in on him so why wouldn’t it be the same the other way round?
Agreed, just the simple act of closing down the gap makes the goal a lot smaller.

JayPob94

Ive seen it since the Shrewsbury game. I can't remember the last time I saw a keeper get down slower than him, or move slower. For a man his height its understandable but every single team since are hitting the ball hard and low, and crosses are also normally low. It causes him problems. As well, although I love his calmness, it comes across often as cockiness. Wonder why we gave him a 1 year contract.....

Rosencrantz

unless we had an olympic sprinter of a defender nobody was going to get there in time.
Doesn't matter, someone should have gone and apply any bit of pressure.

grecIAN Harris

Ive seen it since the Shrewsbury game. I can't remember the last time I saw a keeper get down slower than him, or move slower. For a man his height its understandable but every single team since are hitting the ball hard and low, and crosses are also normally low. It causes him problems. As well, although I love his calmness, it comes across often as cockiness. Wonder why we gave him a 1 year contract.....
Cast your eyes back through the press at the time and you'll find it was made very obvious by Matt Taylor.