• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Please help to save our stadium- Salisbury FC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
"SALISBURY FC are delighted to announce the return of football to the Raymond McEnhill Stadium with two friendly games next week’ was the headline in the news today..."

22 Apr 2015 — ... and this is all down to you, the supporters, who have stuck with the club during the difficult times and shown their support by signing this petition.

We are back in the RayMac and for that we would like to thank you. Let’s celebrate this victory at the friendlies next week in large numbers by supporting the team we love.

Manager Steve Claridge has assembled a squad of triallists who will play against opposition from the Southern league on Tuesday 28th April and Cardiff City Under 21s on Friday 1st May, both kick-off 7.30pm. Admission will be on a pay what you want basis! The club hopes that supporters will turn up in good numbers and will be generous in helping with running costs during the summer and pre-season but also wanted to arrange these games as a thank you to fans who helped get us back in the Ray Mac and have suffered a season without football.

Steve Claridge says: “We hope for big attendances for the games, especially on Tuesday as it will show the FA what we can achieve ahead of a meeting with them on Wednesday morning, April 29th, at which we will present our case for a return to the National League System for the 2015/16 season. We are excited to be back at the Ray Mac and they should be two good games.
The squad will consist of players I know, players who have contacted me and players I want to look at for next season. Not one has asked for a penny in expenses which shows a good attitude and that people want to play for this club.”

Once again, THANK YOU for your support and we hope to see you at the RayMac next week and many times after that!

The Salisbury City Supporters

Above from: https://www.change.org/p/wiltshire-council-and-the-trustees-of-the-raymond-mcenhill-trust-save-our-stadium/u/10583446?tk=N-Y00n7A9FVXOk7urffbDe8M6BlFrxJYXfQ7S1LG6QQ&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email

Good news indeed.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Steve Claridge is their manager?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Steve Claridge is their manager?
Yep. The Football League Show is no more next season, so he needs something to do. Leroy is his No 2.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Who is doing football league highlights next season? Sky?

Good luck Salisbury.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who is doing football league highlights next season? Sky?

Good luck Salisbury.
Channel 5... Although they have promised to show it early evening rather than sometime after midnight, and produce a show even if there are no Championship games.

Echo'd re Salisbury. Seen a few games there, shame the ground is now so far out from the City. When it was just up the A345 out to Amesbury, it was much more integral to the place. Now it virtually is in Amesbury.

Nik Nak

Never forget how they helped out when I was raising funds for our Jimbo Gould they did not hesitate to offer a great day out for 1 family and also took team members to visit him at Salisbury Hospital after his tragic accident.

Good Luck for the future you deserve it

NN

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Leroy is his No 2.
For 24 Hours Anyway :D

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Signed by me.

Glad to see that the exeweb cynical have not yet poured scorn on this.
Not scorn, but I am goring increasingly tired of these petitions that crop up for every cause days. Why is it any of my business (as an Exeter resident) what happens to some private land in Salisbury? Should I also petition against someone in Stoke On Trent building an extension on their house, or a shop changing its facade in Burton? No, of course not, in much the same way that the good supporters of Salisbury FC shouldn't give a toss if ECC refuse to renew our lease, or my neighbour decides that he wants to build house in his back garden.

mdg

Good news - its sad to see any Club, go through this