• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Playoff Semifinal First Leg v Colchester (Team)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
One for the many ECFC historians on here.

Have we ever played a competitive game in June before?
I think even in the snow bound season of the 1960s it didn't get too far delayed.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I guess there's no time for any friendly matches, or will a Championship side be desperate for a game?

budegrecian

I hate the idea of Collins not playing, but when you consider that Jake is our captain, law is our most creative central midfielder and atangana is our best box to box midfielder it was hard for me not to fit him in.

I honestly think archie is a better player than jake Taylor, but as I said in my last post experience might be key.

I'd like to see Law play behind bowman and fit archie into the midfield, but I fear that dynamic wouldn't work.
Agreed, we are pretty well blessed in midfield at present. Getting the combination right could could be pivotal in us getting promoted.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think even in the snow bound season of the 1960s it didn't get too far delayed.
24th May 1963...In 1946/47 22nd May...We have played Play Off Finals later than both those dates.

Legohead

Banned
It says on Sky Sports website that the game is live at 5.15pm on Thursday 18th of June.

GrecianExile

Well it’s been a long drawn out process but at least we know for definite now and having not had a football fix for a long time we get to see the team twice in 5 days live on Sky!

It will obviously be very strange seeing no crowds in either ground but I hope we can deliver a strong performance in both games to reach the final firstly and then get the win at an empty Wembley!

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I guess there's no time for any friendly matches, or will a Championship side be desperate for a game?
Good thought. Wonder if Swansea or Bristol City would play us? Or our old friends at Reading?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know it's on Sky but what arrangements are there for those of us without to view it? Will it be on ifollow or available to season ticket holders in some way?
Taggy said a while back on the Grecian Groups video that these games will almost certainly only be available in Sky - after all one of the main reasons the games are being played is to fulfil the contract the EFL has with Sky to provide 5 play-off games for them to cover.
It’s bad news for those of us overseas who have got used to the excellent iFollow coverage and have no legal way to access these games.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
RE: Friendly, probs just an inter-team one at SJP like the prem clubs have been doing!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
RE: Friendly, probs just an inter-team one at SJP like the prem clubs have been doing!
Matt Taylor said in his interview that they have already played two games amongst themselves in training to get used to the new protocols. Not sure, though, if they were the full 90 minutes.