• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Player of the Season

Stockley is irreplaceable in City’s side - you would say he’s the only one.....JMT comes close....

Take Stockley 19 league goals out & were mid table at best - who could replace him ? Nobody....

Our next best goal scorer (attacker) is Mcalinden with 3 (taking out Ruben Reid)

Absolute rubbish no one is irreplaceable, if we didn't have Stockley then we would have bought another striker. Midfield players are allowed to score as well!
Lets have your opinion then where the following would be without their main striker....
1 Billy Kee Accrington Stanley 23 goals
2 Mohamed Eisa Cheltenham Town 21
3 Danny Hylton Luton Town 20
4 Marc McNulty Coventry City 20
5 James Collins Luton Town 18
6 Christian Doidge Forest Green 18

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Course Stockley is irreplaceable at City who else could get the goals he has?....

I bet the rest won’t have 10 between them....

Course Stockley is irreplaceable at City who else could get the goals he has?....

Ruben Reid was doing just fine before Stockley arrived and would have stayed had he remained first choice .

Terryhall

The point is if Stockley wasnt in the side, someone else would have been - we wouldn't have played with 10 men would we. So it's impossible to say whether or not that other player would have scored the goals that Stockley did.

It is definitely true that Stockley has had a great season and deserves to be in with a shout as POTS. But saying he is "irreplaceable" is like saying

Christy Pym is irreplaceable - he kept all those clean sheets - if he wasn't there we'd have conceded every game
Sweeney is irreplaceable - look at all those tackles he made, the penalties he scored... if he wasn't there that wouldn't have happened

etc
etc

The point is that if that player wasn't on the pitch, someone else would have been and would have had the same chance to save a shot, make a tackle, cross a ball, score a goal, etc. Nobody is "irreplaceable" unless you're simply being hyperbolic to make your point.

Alistair20000

I agree no one is irreplaceable but the replacement may not be as good, could be better or about the same.

We have to judge on the actual performances.

Whenever this season I see that Poo have scored I say: “must be Mohamed Salah” and whenever I see we have scored I say: “Bound to be Jayden Stockley.” It is generally just that.

In view of all his goals I would make Stockley my POTY.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Maybe that should have been POTS but the edit feature was malfunctioning again and despite it saying the post has been edited it was not.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Having read the discussion here, I've gone for Christy Pym.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
A high quality problem :)
Could even be a three-pipe problem! :)

Stockley would be my guess.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is?,,,,,,,,,,

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Pym wins fans player and players player he won 6 awards in total

Last edited: