• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

PL 23s Cup Draw (Wolves away) Wed 21 Mar

Jazzi

Wycombe may well have played in their blue kit at Crawley because their second strip being a sort of red/orange colour would likely clash with Crawley's red.
Ditto FGR at Crewe?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Ditto FGR at Crewe?
I think they're one of those teams that because they play in strange colours will tend to keep to them unless absolutely necessary.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I guess the referee has the final say. I do know they worry as much over clashes of sock colour as shirts, as they need to be able to differentiate whose foot / leg last touched the ball for fouls, throw-ins and corners.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You Tube highlights

[video=youtube;6mtv0hhOVyg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mtv0hhOVyg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mtv0hhOVyg&feature=youtu.be
Sorry about the awful music!

Jones looked good in goal, and Seaborne looked awful in defence.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jones looked good in goal...
Although looked a bit of a howler for their equaliser...although I'll wait for wakey-wakey time in Arizona before forming a final judgement ;)

Spoonz Red E

I'm not sure that's true, in this week's games Wycombe played in their blue quarters at Crawley and Forest Green played at Crewe in their puke stripes...Grimsby were in a change strip but you might argue that black and white stripes could clash with red and white stripes I suppose. Didn't Chelsea play Man City with both teams playing in their traditional shades of blue?
Arguably, Chelsea's away kit - white shirt, white shorts, blue socks is closer to Man City's home kit than the all dark kit is.
I don't think anyone has mentioned commerce.
Clubs sell three main kits to their supporters nowadays - I'd suggest the main selling point is that you would expect to see your club playing games in the shirt you've just shelled out for.
As per Jason "That's not to say I agree with it, mind"

malcolms

Arguably, Chelsea's away kit - white shirt, white shorts, blue socks is closer to Man City's home kit than the all dark kit is.
I don't think anyone has mentioned commerce.
Clubs sell three main kits to their supporters nowadays - I'd suggest the main selling point is that you would expect to see your club playing games in the shirt you've just shelled out for.
As per Jason "That's not to say I agree with it, mind"
Chelsea have four kits to my knowledge, so they could have had their pick...We have played 80% of our away in that horrible day-glo ensemble kit so I suspect its more to do with preference than anything else...

Matt Russell

Chelsea have four kits to my knowledge, so they could have had their pick...We have played 80% of our away in that horrible day-glo ensemble kit so I suspect its more to do with preference than anything else...
You're ignoring the blindingly obvious fact that it is our official away strip - nothing to do with preference.

Matt Russell

On a re-reading...............I think I misread your post - apologies.