• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Physio Team depart SJP

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Merely hired hands, good opportunity for MT to get his own type of people in.
It’s a fair point, except that... at least two of the three departing staff members were, very much, MT’s ‘own type of people’.

Certainly, he brought Andrew Wiseman to the club and, when he did so, made much of his appointment. Likewise, I believe Jess Preece was an associate of Matt’s.

Can’t quite remember but think the physio, Adey Saunderson, probably predates Matt.

Stelios

Can’t quite remember but think the physio, Adey Saunderson, probably predates Matt.
No wonder he's getting rid of him.

SGF

It’s a fair point, except that... at least two of the three departing staff members were, very much, MT’s ‘own type of people’.

Certainly, he brought Andrew Wiseman to the club and, when he did so, made much of his appointment. Likewise, I believe Jess Preece was an associate of Matt’s.

Jess Preece joined us on our pre-season tour in Brazil a few years ago. So not an associate of Matt’s.

Adey had also been with us a number of years, but not quite as long as Jess.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jess Preece joined us on our pre-season tour in Brazil a few years ago. So not an associate of Matt’s.

Adey had also been with us a number of years, but not quite as long as Jess.
Appreciate Jess had been with us for a little while, was just making the point that I understood her and Matt were good pals - believe they house-shared at one point - so imagine he’d have been keen to see her stay.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
MT highlighted an improvement in general fitness as a priority on his appointment, perhaps it hasn't improved to the levels he'd anticipated.

When he singles out and publicly lauds a returning loanee as the 'best trainer' at the club you get the feeling, reading between the lines, that general fitness is an aspect he's not happy with.

StroudGrecian

Missing the all-important hyphen there Egg, unless Adey is a real beast. In need of a sub-editor? :)

IndoMike

I wonder if there will be a conspiracy theory if one of the tea ladies leave.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Duplicate post

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Akinfenwa never looks fit !

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Missing the all-important hyphen there Egg, unless Adey is a real beast. In need of a sub-editor? :)
Hyphens are overused; on that basis, thanks for your generous offer but I'll have to decline. ;-)

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/predate