• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

PDC World Darts Championship!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/darts/16342750.stm

What a championship it has been.

Barney out in round 1. Taylor out in the last 32. Chisnall was brilliant last night i would add.

Who do ya think will win? I personally think its between Wade, Andersen and Lewis myself but also me outside would be Paul Nicholson who does have the game to back up his mouth. This could be his time to prove it!

Wellyred

Barney out in round 1. Taylor out in the last 32. Chisnall was brilliant last night i would add.

Who do ya think will win? I personally think its between Wade, Andersen and Lewis myself but also me outside would be Paul Nicholson who does have the game to back up his mouth. This could be his time to prove it!
Agree, it has been cracking tournament so far....do not rule out chizzy, nothing seems to phase that boy...ive got a few quid on Painter at 40-1..
It is totally enthrawling stuff..love or hate Mr Hearn, but he's got it spot on..darts is one of the most entertaining sport to watch

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
It certainly is. I love it. I even love the BDO tournaments also but PDC is where its at.

Its ashame though that the Grand Slam dosnt have as many BDO players now. Would be nice if they took the 4 lakeside semi finalist and then make up 4 more in rankings. SO the 4 highest rank BDO players that didnt make the Semis of Lakeside.

As i said i think its between the 3 i stated and i just have a feeling that Nicholson can achieve alot this year.

downthetrack

On their day anyone left could win it.Jenkins played very well for three sets

Wellyred

It certainly is. I love it. I even love the BDO tournaments also but PDC is where its at.

Its ashame though that the Grand Slam dosnt have as many BDO players now. Would be nice if they took the 4 lakeside semi finalist and then make up 4 more in rankings. SO the 4 highest rank BDO players that didnt make the Semis of Lakeside.

As i said i think its between the 3 i stated and i just have a feeling that Nicholson can achieve alot this year.
Problem is MJP, there is an element of BDO players that wont been seen dead at PDC organised events...look at martin adams, BDO world champ but wont play anything other than BDO events...sad!
Agree with nicholson..think he will get a premier league spot..darts like most sports is all about entertaining, and he is certainly something different. Dont think he has the pedigree to win it though bit like jenks.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Problem is MJP, there is an element of BDO players that wont been seen dead at PDC organised events...look at martin adams, BDO world champ but wont play anything other than BDO events...sad!
Agree with nicholson..think he will get a premier league spot..darts like most sports is all about entertaining, and he is certainly something different. Dont think he has the pedigree to win it though bit like jenks.
Fair. Yh i really dont get Martin Adams turning down the Grand Slam place tbh.

Especially when it was on ITV. Bit of cash, TV exposure and all that.

I know Adams wont be invited anymore which limits the BDO contingent further. Like i said its ashame that theyre cutting the BDO players. Makes for a much better Grand Slam. I personally would just have the top 16 of the BDO and top 16 of the PDC. THrow them together. 2 in each group.

downthetrack

Jenkins has made 7 major finals,and been in the premier league for 5 straight years

downthetrack

I would like to see Ted "The Count" Hankey,come over.Think Scott Waites will jump ship,good player.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would like to see Ted "The Count" Hankey,come over.Think Scott Waites will jump ship,good player.
I get the feeling that Waites wants to be a World Champion before coming over tbh...

I cant imagine Ted will jump. But we will see. he would be fun in the premier lge. I think Sky would like to see Ted in the prem

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster

I like the look of Nicholson. Adrian Lewis is a safe bet or Terry Jenkins if he keeps his form together.