• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale / Roberto Martinez

milts

The similarities between Tisdale's recent years and Martinez's plight at Everton are remarkable.

Interesting read on Martinez here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36099285

The article could quite easily be about Tisdale!

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given that Martinez is managing a club now funded by a billionaire and Everton are historically one of the top 6 teams in England, any comparison between the managers would have to be taken into context of the fact that they should be doing better, and we are hitting almost exactly what our financial situation and history suggests, perhaps better even, depending on our finishing position. Independent observers of our situation find it much more difficult to understand the criticism of Paul Tisdale than that directed towards Martinez, justified or not. And since when does he describe our players in the hyperbolic way that Martinez is given to doing to his? Can't see it at all myself.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
The similarities between Tisdale's recent years and Martinez's plight at Everton are remarkable.

Interesting read on Martinez here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36099285

The article could quite easily be about Tisdale!
Uncanny!

The opening words "Everton's abject display in the Merseyside derby defeat against Liverpool'

We've played a Devon derby recently and ....oh,hang on...

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Never seen Tisdale whining over every opposition goal and every refereeing decision that goes against his team as Martinez seems to do every single game these days. He's actually getting worse than Sam Allardyce now.

Devon_Lad

They both have a lack of hair therefore I'd say they are fairly similar, but hey, what do I know? Does Martinez have a fancy pair of brogues?

dontpassback

The difference is martinez must be worried about his job and tisdale is not,thats it reallly.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
One of the two has just said "I feel every season we are developing & showing certain things that can please our fans."