• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pat Baldwin "We treat it like a normal game"

Olivia's dad

Banned (PM)
Interesting interview of Pat,about the game Saturday,saying that it is just a normal game,no it is not a normal game!! its one of if not the most important game of the season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfHnyOCtWLk
He is a top guy and talks sense,.

Every game is important whoever we are playing.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
This game is more important, fact. Hate fans who play it down, life must be get dull to be like that...

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Win, and you just can't wait to get in to work again for a bit of banter! The scum are everywhere.

grecianboyy

I just want the lads to bloody win !! been dull in derbies recently so we need to win.

andrew p long

could we have a slightly more professional approach to the location of interviews on GP? . There is a whole host of characters coming into shot and at least two substantive interruptions.

Chui

Win, and you just can't wait to get in to work again for a bit of banter! The scum are everywhere.

You know a Garg fan with a job? Oh hang on, got it... you must work in a Jobcentre and see them on the other side of the counter.

crocks

This is exactly right from Sheridan:

Plymouth boss John Sheridan told BBC Spotlight:

"It's a massive game - the atmosphere was unbelievable last season. Hopefully we can go out and put on a show and get the right result and that will give us a bit more confidence

"Derbies are always frantic and it's not always the favourites going in to the match who end up winning. I hope the referee will know what's at stake and let the game flow because I'm sure there'll be a few tackles flying about.

"It's usually who believes more, not necessarily the best team who comes out on top."

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Not in my workplace ............. the Boss doesnt want all the tools being sold off at a bootsale UTC

FAN-TATIC

I suspect that no matter who you interview regardless of club, division or even country they'll say pretty much the same thing.
Spot on AM.

I remember Brian Clough taking his squad to Majorca for two or three days before an 'important' European Cup match because he didn't want them get caught up in all the hype.

Plymouth Argyle are a League Two team, there is nothing special about them. Their League position indicates that they are currently not as good as Fleetwood so why should we prepare any different for our game with them than we do with anyone else.

The emotion, the rivalry, the banter will be between the two sets of supporters. The players of both sides will have a set game plan that their respective managers will give them. What the managers will want is as little distraction as possible in order that they can stick to their game plan and at least finish the game without any Red Cards being shown. Tomorrow, on the pitch the requirement will be cool heads and self-discipline.

Last edited:

FAN-TATIC

it's not always the favourites going in to the match who end up winning

"It's usually who believes more, not necessarily the best team who comes out on top."
This is true of every match though.

Wigan win FA Cup against the mighty Man City. WBA beat Man Utd at Old Trafford, Greece wins the European International Championship. It happens all the time.

Last edited: