• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oxford United v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Biggest concern remains the defence is still a sound unit but if we do concede the points seem to be inevitably on their way to their opponents because whilst we do have players capable of scoring we have no one who we can look to be a threat to the opposing defence to give us serious hopes of recovering the situation.

Having supported City for many moons I can’t recall a time when we have been so bereft of a recognised striker logic says we are not going to stay any where near the playoffs leave alone autos unless we can somehow change this……..we can but hope that the Admiral will go some way to changing the situation.
Reference your final para SB , neither can I . You’d have thought , given that Nombe’s departure was expected we would have prepared better.Guess we’ll have to pay for the mistake now.For want of a nail and all that……

Grecianman135

At least it wasn't 9-0 🤷‍♂️👍 silver linings and all that 😂

Grecian2K

Is that one of those new-fangled three random word identifiers?
Bring Back Banks (or Binney if you prefer)

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Conclusion from my kids was that the football was rubbish and boring.
The best bit was the sprinklers coming up at halftime. And when we left.
It’s hard to argue with them to be honest.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
No stress, we're missing the Admiral. Aitcheson, and Rankine. All key players.
And annoyingly it looks like Trevitt might be on the sidelines for a bit. Really hoping Admiral and Aitchison will be back soon. Rankine and Niskanen probably more long term but when they’re back we’ll be much more dynamic

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Zak had a good game, but we missed him in defence. The amount of space Oxford had on their right in the second half.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Caldwell interview

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Zak's thoughts

crocks

I didnt think City played too badly today. Dominated for large periods but didnt just have the cutting edge up top. Also the defence, collectively, werent as good as they have been. 3-0 was harsh on City today and a draw would have bene a fairer result.

Jules had his best game today.

JayPob94

I came down from Scotland for that. Cry.