• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our Floodlights !!! or lack of them?

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whoops! Sorry Terry!:-O
Apologies are definitely not required! :D

ECFC Music

I queried this several times back in Dacre's day when only a couple of bulbs were missing. Usually they were replaced quickly, with Dacre getting the free use of a cherry picker to carry out the works.

Replacement bulbs are expensive (from memory I think about £500 each), so is the non replacement part of Taggy's stadium maintenance budget cutbacks or are we not so effecient as when Dacre was here?
The cost of changing a light bulb under the last government's PFI initiatives springs to mind !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The cost of changing a light bulb under the last government's PFI initiatives springs to mind !
Its even more expensive under Camoron!

i have to agree with a thread on this that having the tannoy cut out which has been happening since new big bank was built, it is very amateurish for a club for this still to be happening, were a league 1 club and cant even fix a simple loose connection with all the matchday sponsors weve got surely someone knows how to fix it, as for lights they are the same lights on the old stands and they havent bothered to change them, hope they change them when new stand is build.
Sort it out city

Boyo

Cherry pickers cost about £300 per day to hire, so I think it’s reasonable to suggest that we shouldn’t be hiring one every time a bulb blows. If 5 bulbs have gone on the OG alone then I think it’s time to bite the bullet and change those bulbs.

As someone mentioned before, one of the great things about the Trust when it first started was the volunteer ethos, with everyone pitching in to push the club forward. I bet for example that there is a Trust member or even a City fan who isn’t a Trust member who has access to a cherry picker and would be prepared to help the club, if the club/Trust just asked. Similarly, I bet there’s someone who could fix the tannoy problem, if they just asked.

Whatever happened to the Trust skills database?

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cherry pickers cost about £300 per day to hire, so I think it’s reasonable to suggest that we shouldn’t be hiring one every time a bulb blows. If 5 bulbs have gone on the OG alone then I think it’s time to bite the bullet and change those bulbs.

As someone mentioned before, one of the great things about the Trust when it first started was the volunteer ethos, with everyone pitching in to push the club forward. I bet for example that there is a Trust member or even a City fan who isn’t a Trust member who has access to a cherry picker and would be prepared to help the club, if the club/Trust just asked. Similarly, I bet there’s someone who could fix the tannoy problem, if they just asked.

Whatever happened to the Trust skills database?
On the upside I see the match day reciepts have returned

Early Bath

On the upside I see the match day reciepts have returned
Where might they be ?

Mike Blackstone

We used the services of a Royal Marine, who also played for the club to climb up the floodlight pylons (with harness) to change floodlight bulbs at Exmouth Town when I worked there in the 1980s. All it cost was a pint of beer.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
We used the services of a Royal Marine, who also played for the club to climb up the floodlight pylons (with harness) to change floodlight bulbs at Exmouth Town when I worked there in the 1980s. All it cost was a pint of beer.
elfin safety wouldn't allow that nowadays, Mike (the pint of beer, that is ;) )

citizen33

Boring I know, but it is surprising how many people forget that PFI was introduced by John Major in 1992. The depressing thing is that it is a policy that both major parties have pushed (Labour's tweak was PPP - public private partnerships - which ran alongside PFI). Anyway, back to the important things and City...