• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Osama Bin Laden

Red the Paper

Banned
Got a link Red?

I'm a bit of a news junky and I can't believe I found this info 1st hand from Exeweb & Barmy :D
http://www.********.com/view?i=e46_1304318901

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
So, he was not holed up in a sh*t hole in the mountains but in the comfort of a house in Pakistan. I thought the Pakistan government supported the "war on terrorism."

No tears shed for his passing but this will make no difference to the problem and finding a solution; if there is a solution.

scottus86

2 down (Hussein and Bin Laden) 1 to go (Gaddaffi)
1 to go? There are so many more to go, but then, who decides that these people are in the wrong, and then once they've killed hundreds of thousands of civillians in that country to get the next one, who's to say they're not just as bad?

Langer

Well done to the yanks on this one.
And to anyone who lost someone in the twin towers let him rot.

'Justice' has been done, apparently. No trial by jury then, unless 'eye for an 'eye' has replaced that now. I wonder if we can use that form of justice ourselves now - I mean, if it's good enough for the Americans and it has our backing and support, then it's good enough for the great unwashed.

Who needs courts any more?
Sorry ant gotta disagree. If they would have given him a trial and kept him in prison that would mean a hell of a lot more kidnappings for people trying to 'bargain' and get him out.

Red the Paper

Banned
Sorry ant gotta disagree. If they would have given him a trial and kept him in prison that would mean a hell of a lot more kidnappings for people trying to 'bargain' and get him out.
Think Ant is just on a wind up. Not sure any right minded person will be losing any sleep over Bin Laden's death.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
No wind up from me. I will shed no tears over his death, however isn't the whole western civilisation based on trial by jury rather than eye for an eye?

I'm just surprised that as well as the smug American announcements that justice has been served that our leaders are so quick to congratulate them. Why not just shoot the feckers at Guantanamo Bay too while we're at it?

Red the Paper

Banned
No wind up from me. I will shed no tears over his death, however isn't the whole western civilisation based on trial by jury rather than eye for an eye?

I'm just surprised that as well as the smug American announcements that justice has been served that our leaders are so quick to congratulate them. Why not just shoot the feckers at Guantanamo Bay too while we're at it?
Nobody at the Bay at the moment.

I don't believe in trial by jury, so an eye for an eye (if you see the pic, you will see one of his eye's shot out) is good for me. I think you will find Bin Laden was refusing to surrender and brandished a weapon before the special forces shot his face up. His perefectly preserved body was being taken by sea for burial on land in a place where his muslim brothers could worship at for years to come when a huge wave surprisingly struck the ship and he fell into the sea.

elvis the pig

But what were the Yanks supposed to do? Apparantly, they ordered him to surrender and him and his cronies started shooting. Are the Americans supposed to go back home and say "oh well, we asked him nicely but the nasty man refused"?

Japanman

Last edited: